Author Topic: Tuesday Biggleswade at Home  (Read 8962 times)

rod

• View Profile
Re: Tuesday Biggleswade at Home
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2015, 02:41:27 PM »
I would always advocate giving the youngsters a chance as against trying to bring someone in for just the short term but that does place a massive responsibility upon those with at least some experience to step up to the plate.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2015, 03:37:23 PM »
Slight Little worry, if it goes wrong tonight, what happens if the likes of Gaughran, Yong, Miller are missing again Saturday and  etc... If all goes well tonight ( no reason it shouldnt)  Then Setch could be onto something with the squad depth.   I just hope if we do get beat that the Youngsters are not used as the scapegoat. 

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2015, 06:36:13 PM »
Did you mean that last sentence 'the youngsters should be used as the scapegoat'? That can't be right.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2015, 10:22:09 PM »
Enjoyable game and good result. I thought pre-match that Biggleswade might have edged it because of our injuries but the lads showed that football is a squad game and I think Ryan could easily have edged MOM, a good captains perfoance.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2015, 10:31:25 PM »
I just wonder what the doubters have got to say now, 'youngsters to blame for a loss', 'one good performance a month', 'senior players must start stepping up', what a fantastic performance by all the young lads and of course Lee Stevenson for another great performance.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2015, 10:43:08 PM »
Tazzy if you are referring to my post I respectfully suggest you read it again.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2015, 10:47:43 PM »
Have to agree with Paddy, Fryatt senior was immense. Tonight the boy became a man and a leader of men. You could tell he knew the chips were down and he would have run through brick walls for the team tonight.

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2015, 06:03:13 AM »
The EDP report came up with the stat that we fielded eight players under 22 last night. If they keep performing like that they deserve a name like the 'Busby babes', how about 'Setchs saplings'.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2015, 06:39:26 AM »
Busters Babes has a decent ring to it. Let's remember these youngster are just that and far from the finished article. What was pleasing was too see the way they came back from going a goal down.

Paddy how's about Setchs Sprogs ?😀 Fryatts Fledglings. With all the injuries we have picked up of late let's hope none of young un's don't go down with nappy rash 😀

Mcl1970

« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2015, 07:07:55 AM »
Busters Babes has a decent ring to it. Let's remember these youngster are just that and far from the finished article. What was pleasing was too see the way they came back from going a goal down.

Paddy how's about Setchs Sprogs ?😀 Fryatts Fledglings. With all the injuries we have picked up of late let's hope none of young un's don't go down with nappy rash 😀
Ha,ha mallard I take it your the new Cary book ??? Well if you watched our reserve team last Saturday or would like to come this Saturday you would see a different story jackanory??

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2015, 08:36:04 AM »
There is nothing like a win especially with so many youngsters/reserves in the team and a injury time winner as well. Like other folk i thought the defence did extremely well and thought Ryan Fryatt led by example. I saw a bit more what Jack Friend was about last night and overall had a good game. What a night for Lee Stevenson who put in some excellent link up play, scored 2 goals and hears that Sheffield Wednesday beat the Gunners.

Clunan didn't have his best game last night BUT he does put in some superb crosses into dangerous areas - just needs someone to get on the end of one of them.

My voice is still hoarse from shouting!  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2015, 08:41:54 AM »
Mcl,  I have been known by that name from time to time  :cheers:  I dont quite understand what you are meaning ... What different story ?  I thought that Young Fryatt, once he settled grew into the game.  He looked a little unsure to start with ( to be expected), But with the encouragement from his elder bro, the lad grew and grew as the game progressed.  I cant say anyone from Lynn had a poor game last night, but for whatever reason there seemed far more passion and fight in the side.  A real Team effort.  It almost felt like the Players knew that everything was stocked up against them and everyone one gave an extra 10% or in Ryan Fryatt's case and extra 20%.  That is by far and away the best performance from Streaky I have seen.  It seemed like last night he took a real Captains responsibility and really came of age.  I cannot for the life of me understand how Clunan was given the MOM ahead of Fryatt.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2015, 12:21:42 PM »
A great win and I thought that all of the youngsters aquitted themselves well, especially the back four where Ryan proved both his quality and leadership qualities - had either been in doubt? Also how fantastic to see so much genuine PASSION on the pitch from local players who actually care - because they are local!

I have been a critic, without naming names, of the lack of influence to date this season of the 'senior players' so delighted not only that Stevo' scored a couple but for me most importantly he was a catalyst for the younger players, and how they responded, 'leading from the front' - something that was much needed.

My one reservation on the night though, lest we get carried away, was our continuing profligacy in front of goal. We cannot continue to be so wasteful - if we do more often than not, unlike last night, we will be punished.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 03:26:02 PM »
I think this shows when called upon and managed by Setch the depth and quality of the squad and reserves are well up to the job.Another big thankyou to the people involved with keeping the res running the way they do.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2015, 07:37:29 PM »
"BUSTERS BABES"   sounds more like cheer leaders.  does buster still go to the match? haven't seen him this season.