Author Topic: Pitch?  (Read 1811 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Pitch?
« on: April 12, 2018, 05:36:04 PM »
With the pitch being in the worst condition for many years, will the club or FOTL be upping the fundraising to refurbish the pitch properly before the new season starts? We potentially have 3 home games left after tonight, if we are included in the play off final and it is at the walks I would hope work could start immediately after that?  After all I don't think it has had a major overhaul for 30 years?  :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Blue Moon

• View Profile
Re: Pitch?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 06:16:35 PM »
Maybe all those that are constantly "digging" would be willing to give a hand

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 06:26:52 PM »
It's less than 30 years ago when pipes were laid and the pitch was worse last year.The pitch was fine at the start of the season.The problem is too many games played on it with not enough man power to deal with that.Youth team games etc should be played elsewhere.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 06:47:26 PM »
It's less than 30 years ago when pipes were laid and the pitch was worse last year.The pitch was fine at the start of the season.The problem is too many games played on it with not enough man power to deal with that.Youth team games etc should be played elsewhere.

I think the pipes were actually laid in the 80, sponsored by Mike Allcock from Gayton I believe, my ex brother in law doing the work?
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 10:25:22 PM »
Maybe all those that are constantly "digging" would be willing to give a hand

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

LN's Twitter:

Very, very strong words from @officialKLtown manager Ian Culverhouse after the game tonight.
The Linnets boss felt the club let the players down because of the state of the surface at The Walks which hadnít had any work done on it since the game against Merthyr.

This is what Culverhouse said post match to the media (1 of 3).
ďI want to get something off my chest first, I think this club let the players down tonight.
ďTo turn up tonight and to have a pitch in the state that weíve got it, I donít think itís right.

Culverhouse: ďAfter what those players have done for the club this season, they deserve better than that.
ďFor the team to come out here and have a pitch that hasnít been worked on for five days is shocking.
ďIím so disappointed with this football club.

BBC Radio Norfolk
@BBCNorfolk

Strong stuff from Ian Culverhouse post match. The Linnets manager tells @LocalNickBowler that he thinks the club have let his players down with the state of the pitch.
He says it hasnít been worked on for five days prior to tonightís game.

BBC Radio Norfolk
@BBCNorfolk

Culverhouse goes on to say there wonít be any home advantage in the Southern Premier play offs with regards to the pitch. It will be a ďlevellerĒ
More on our Breakfast show from 0630 am.

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 01:08:52 AM »
100 per cent right.Really poor from Cleeve/the club.The players do deserve better and so do the supporters.You can spend as much as you like pre season but if nobody maintains it then it's for nothing.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:23:29 AM »
I think the bullet needs to be bitten and as soon as the last home game is over then move in the diggers,and sadly no home friendlies? Then there are enough clubs within easy travelling disatance for away friendlies? :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 02:10:20 AM »
Over the entire season including friendlies and cup matches there will have been 56 games played on the pitch,this includes first team,reserves and the youth team,this is spread out over the course of 42 weeks,an average of 1.2 games a week. compare this to Kingsway pitches that have at least 2 games a week played on them,and school fields that have dozens of games played a week,and school fields is every week.  Where have their groundsman got it so right but we have got it so wrong? :dontknow:

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 08:05:58 AM »
I totally agree with the above three post's  even Grissles however much some disagree with him is spot on -  Dig the thing up and sort it out  just like Norwich are going to do and they have also said there will be no pre season friendlies  next season.
Also would our pitch in it's current state allow us to get promoted to the next level ??.

The boys did very well last night to get three points and  I can see potentially  4 teams getting over 100 points this season

and the possibility of 3 of them being in this league next season which I think would be a farce .

Die hard Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 08:50:00 AM »
Youíd think at £15 a head the club would be able to afford two groundsmen and two mowers.
Somebody told me that Backie was preparing the pitch before last nightís game, is he the new groundsman after stepping down from the Reserves?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 09:04:13 AM »
I think Culverhouse is being a little premature there with his comments about the pitch being a leveller in the play-offs.  I don't think we are assured of finishing 2nd or 3rd yet, are we ?

Not surprised to hear that Backie has been involved in helping with the pitch.  The Guy is Lynn through and through and has done so much work behind the scenes at the club this season.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 09:29:13 AM »
No Iím not the Groundsman  :laughcry:
No work had been done since Saturday on the pitch, it still has the divots all over from the previous match, I tried to put a roller over it just before kick off but was a waste of time but I tried.
Nothing to do with how many games are played on it and the youth team have hardly played on it to be fair, most of their games have been called off. The pitch needs someone who is going to spend at least 5 days a week looking after it, has anyone seen Mildenhalls pitch itís had over 90 games on it, itís like a bowling green, why because itís look after.
Hello everyone by the way hope your all well
Backie

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 09:50:12 AM »
The only upside to the pitch in the forthcoming play-offs is IF we get a home draw is that the teams involved will be hurt by the surface as much as us!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 11:42:10 AM »
Good to see you back posting Backie.   Is there not a groundsman employed by the Club.  Who in their right mind would think with the wet weather we have been having that a pitch could be just left after a game for 5 days and it would right itself.  That's utter madness. 

There is more to running a Club than Tweeting on twitter etc.   Come on Mr Cleeve, get your act together before this great Club of OURS implodes under your watch.  Does this not all smack of the danger of having just one owner/Director running the Club..? 

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2018, 11:58:07 AM »
No Iím not the Groundsman  :laughcry:
No work had been done since Saturday on the pitch, it still has the divots all over from the previous match, I tried to put a roller over it just before kick off but was a waste of time but I tried.
Nothing to do with how many games are played on it and the youth team have hardly played on it to be fair, most of their games have been called off. The pitch needs someone who is going to spend at least 5 days a week looking after it, has anyone seen Mildenhalls pitch itís had over 90 games on it, itís like a bowling green, why because itís look after.
Hello everyone by the way hope your all well
Backie

Welcome Back!  :)