Author Topic: Crucial win for the Linnets  (Read 1180 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Crucial win for the Linnets
« on: April 12, 2018, 09:43:19 PM »
Kings Lynn win 2-1.

The Linnets come from behind with goals from Gash and Fryatt for a crucial three points against their promotion rivals - a fantastic performance after going behind from the spot.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: Crucial win for the Linnets
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 09:49:37 PM »
Ketteringofficial:

No complaints here... the better side won overall. A disappointing end after taking the lead but Kings Lynn (and their astronomical ticket prices) take the win. We will see them in the play offs.

:laughcry:

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 10:04:27 PM »
I have to say that this season has produced some great performances and a couple of nights that will live long in the memory. The Hereford game was the ultimate high but tonight's second half came close. Great job by the manager, chairman, players, everyone else who works for the club and of course us the supporters. COYL.

bobdunk

• Bob Dunkling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 07:52:15 AM »
Well said Paddygray

Nigel nigle

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 08:27:02 AM »
Was a feisty affair last night and with a quite a lot of provocation from the Kettering players, King's Lynn held their heads and therefore had the upper hand when playing football. It really had some atmosphere down at the Walks last night with the chant 'Come on King's Lynn' coming from the main stand even when we were 1-0 down.

These players don't know when they are beaten and the quality showed.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 09:46:27 AM »
Great result. No complaints about the penalty - clear cut decision. I thought Pedro got a hand to it but too powerful to stop.

Kettering were alway dangerous with a very speedy striker always chasing every ball and being a constant threat. Good job Ryan Fryatt and Tom Ward were alert and able to get back in time. One of those games where every player had a good game - no weakness anywhere on the pitch. Pity Michael Clunan had to go off after a crunching tackle early on must have taken its toll. Unfortunately Mr Clunan got a  :yellow card: for Dissent as he left the pitch on being Subbed. Can we fans buy him a "mouth-zip"  :laughcry: :laughcry:

The introduction of the final two subs had a big impact in the 2nd half. Lynn and Kettering played some good football and it was an entertaining game which could have gone either way.

Frustration set in for Kettering after we equalised and then went ahead - it started to get very physical and luckily we kept our heads. Several  :yellow card: and then a deserved  :red card: for  a late and unnecessary challenge. Through out the game there were lots of holding and grabbing by Kettering but the Referee had his blinkers on and Lino's missed several nudges and blatant pushes in the back. However, having said that, they did flag up most dirty play.

A well deserved win after keeping the pressure on and again not giving up. After the Merthyr game on Saturday this was a vast improvement and back to our battling best.

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon:   :bankrupt: Can I afford to go to next game  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 01:18:00 PM »
Cracking game last night.  For me, Kettering looked the better team first half although we still created chances but even though we went one down I thought we played the ball around much better second half and deserved the three points.  I thought King was outstanding throughout but looked thoroughly shattered at full time and you have to worry about what last night took out of the team going into another tough game tomorrow.

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
King's Lynn were very good last night. Started off brightly and created some good chances (not sure how the one that hit the crossbar didn't go in). Kettering then tried their best to make it a physical game and drag Lynn down with them, which Lynn did in last 15 minutes of 1st half which was poor to see because Kettering then started to take control. 2nd half, Lynn just didn't start at all and thankfully the penalty woke them up and made them angry to start playing again. Was such a stupid foul to give away by Ward, but what was impressive was how he reacted. After that he bossed the strikers and didn't make one more mistake which is great to see from a mental point of view with bigger games to come. Kettering couldn't deal with back post crosses in 2nd half, so will be interesting to see if Culverhouse will pinpoint more of those should they meet again in play offs. Finally, still in awe of that corner delivery from Simon Lappin for winner. So much pace and swing, literally can't defend those at this level.

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »
Really good win. This is a time for level heads and nous. The only two games that really matter now are the last two. Not surprisingly, with the number of games played these days and the state of the pitches, injuries and knocks are beginning to pile up..........Mettam injured in warm up, Siddons (hamstring), Gash took a heavy knock, Clunan had to retire from the action last night, Norman was also clattered and noticeably slowed. Obviously at this stage of the season, many players are carrying knocks. However, it would be a huge shame to arrive at the play-offs, have battled for 2nd place and then be four or five players short for the final matches that really matter. Maybe some should be rested for the Slough match, given the physicality of the Kettering encounter ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 04:10:41 PM »
Hop on the bus Westlynnmike, I will get you a coffee over there.  :bankrupt:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 06:36:23 PM »
Great atmosphere last night, even for the short spell that we were a goal behind, which hasn't always been the case at the Walks.

The evening had a proper 'old school' football feel to me, right down to the winning goal - centre half powering home a header from a corner; great stuff!

My one gripe with the evening is paying full price for an out of date programme. Now I know issuing the original programme for a rearranged game is nothing new and Lynn have done it numerous times duing my years visiting the Walks. I also understand there are various reasons behind not issuing a new one - costs, print deadlines etc. The fact remains however that due to Lynn having played another game since the original postponement, practically the entire content of last night's programme was out of date (there was, admittedly, a printed, 1 sided loose leaf inclusion). It would have been appreciated if the programme could have either been sold at a reduced price to reflect its out of date content or, at the very least, buyers were made aware that the original programme was being sold before purchasing. I gather that the programme is published by FOTL volunteers and my gripe is not with the programme content per say, more with how it was priced / marketed last night. Football programmes are heading the same way as all other printed media, I'm sure, and there can't be many of us left who still buy them but they presumably remain a revenue stream for the club?

For those that didn't purchase the programme and hoping that the pitch gets dug up at the earliest possible opportunity, you may be interetsed to know that in the 'Chairman's Notes', use of the pitch for private / corporate events in May is being advertised.