Author Topic: Away at Slough  (Read 1951 times)

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
Away at Slough
« on: April 13, 2018, 04:09:19 PM »
Given the short turnaround, Iím predicting a score draw.

The reserves will need to be plundered to get a bench together, as in all likelihood Mettam, Siddons, and Clunan wonít be playing. Both King and Lappin looked truly done in at the end of the game. Add to that a limping Gash at the end of last nights game, and our team starts to look a bit bare.

Chances for the likes of McQuaid and Edge, amongst others tomorrow I feel.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Re: Away at Slough
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 07:24:42 PM »
I see that Sam Mulready and Craig Gillies both scored last night.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 10:28:22 PM »
Is gillies still our player or not

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 12:23:57 PM »
Please be aware there may be heavy traffic from Slough town centre, down William Street leading to Stoke Road due to ongoing roadworks.

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 09:02:51 AM »
A very hard won point a great tribute to the team look forward to a match report.

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 11:46:28 AM »
What a fantastic result against an inform side so soon after the Kettering game. If we don't win the play offs and go up with Hereford it will be an injustice.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 12:17:22 PM »
2-2 was probably fair, Gash missed a real sitter with 20 left which would have sealed the deal. Iím confident we will beat them if we get them at our place, but would not fancy anyoneís chances against them on that pitch. Comfortably the most threatening team going forward in this league.

What a first half performance by Cameron King, heís legs seemed to go second half tho. Hoping Ryan Fryattís injury isnít to serious.

Over heard a Lynn supporter saying Clunan has a broken foot, can anyone confirm that?

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 03:02:24 PM »
I was at the game and the broken foot quote was from Mr Cleeve. Superb performance by Lynn and they look a great side but tired towards end not surprising really

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 03:29:29 PM »
I was at the game and the broken foot quote was from Mr Cleeve. Superb performance by Lynn and they look a great side but tired towards end not surprising really

A real shame if has broken his foot. He'll be out for the rest of the season, and after being captain all season, won't be on the pitch if we win the play-offs.

On the plus side, from now on, Lynn should be better rested than the rest of the teams in the play-offs. Kettering have 6 games to squeeze in, and Slough 5 in two weeks, though admittedly those numbers include county cup games, which are likely to be reserve sides. Given that the 4 teams in the play-offs are now set, I would say there's an argument for sending the reserves to Chesham, particularly if 2nd spot is confirmed before the game.

On a different note, I was quite impressed with how (relatively) balanced the Slough radio broadcast was.

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 03:42:28 PM »
Yer after the Kettering game this was a very good performance 48 hrs later.Well done boys.Hopefully Fryatt is not too bad as that would be an even bigger blow than losing Clunan.Been his best season by far.

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 04:04:18 PM »
Have to say I thought the draw was fair enough
Lynn better I  first half and apart from getting caught cold In the first minute we played our way back In to the game and created the better chances
Agree gash could and maybe should have done better with his first chance and was u lucky with a header late on
Hard working effort from the boys and so much better than the performance there last year  :scarf: