Author Topic: Ian Culverhouse  (Read 10657 times)

Amber Adam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Ian Culverhouse
« on: April 15, 2018, 05:55:04 PM »
Afternoon Lynn fans, Cambridge Utd fan here in peace. Word has reached our forum that Ian Culverhouse could be making the move down the A10 to take over at our place at the end of the season, so I wondered if there were similar rumours this end. Are there?

Glad to see your having a cracking season by the way, looks like you'd be nailed on for the league title any other year. All my dad's side of the family come from Kings Lynn and Downham Market, so have enjoyed many afternoons at The Walks over the years when visiting the folks out that way. It's been really pleasing to see your gradual rise since the club reformed. Best of luck for the rest of the season, hope you smash the playoffs!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Ian Culverhouse
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:56:03 PM »
Sadly we have the same rumours this end.  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 07:00:39 PM »
Our manager will be hot property at the end of the season. I am not the only one who thinks he will go. The relationship between him and the owner is not the best.  We do try and play the game on the deck, if the pitch allows. I also think we will lose 4 or 5 players. Which is a shame because we do have a good team.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 07:04:18 PM »
He's becoming increasingly vocal in suggesting that the club is letting the team down. If he doesn't go to you, he'll go to another league 2/National level side. And I would imagine there'll be two Cameron's joining him.

Amber Adam

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
Interesting stuff, thanks for the replies. Do you think you've any players that could make the step up then? I thought this had weight to it when I read that Culverhouse had worked with our current caretaker, Joe Dunne, at Colchester. Although he's done well, he's been very coy about whether he wants the job permanently, but also seems to be certain to be around it some capacity next season.

Does Culverhouse seem to have a good bond with his players? I only ask because ours seem to love playing for Dunne and I wonder if it could be a problem if someone less likeable (not to suggest he is, I've honestly no idea about the guy) came in above him.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 07:50:52 PM »
He has proven himself as a Manager why waste his time by going to Cambridge United.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »
Interesting stuff, thanks for the replies. Do you think you've any players that could make the step up then? I thought this had weight to it when I read that Culverhouse had worked with our current caretaker, Joe Dunne, at Colchester. Although he's done well, he's been very coy about whether he wants the job permanently, but also seems to be certain to be around it some capacity next season.

Does Culverhouse seem to have a good bond with his players? I only ask because ours seem to love playing for Dunne and I wonder if it could be a problem if someone less likeable (not to suggest he is, I've honestly no idea about the guy) came in above him.

You may want to do so research into Cameron Norman, Ryan Hawkins, Cameron King, Ryan Jarvis,Fraser Blake-Tracey, Ryan Fryatt and Michael Gash all could comfortably play at a higher level in my opinion.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2018, 07:52:37 PM »
Will be interesting if this is true, whether a compensation package is agreed or if in Culverhouse’s contract he’s free to go to a higher level.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »

Cameron Norman, the best right back in the league, former Norwich youth team. His play has dipped a little near the end of the season, but only because word's gotten round and he gets a kicking from the opposition every game. Surprised he didn't go by Christmas, he's that good.

Cameron King, good young attacking midfielder, former Norwich youth team. Dropped out of the Norwich youth set up because of problems with migraines, seems to have that sorted now, and he's a class apart. Injury and fitness concerns, but a star in the making if he can get over them.

Other than those two, our keeper could maybe be No.12 at league 2 level, but the rest of the squad, although good, are unlikely to make the step up 3 tiers.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 08:04:18 PM »
He has proven himself as a Manager why waste his time by going to Cambridge United.

The chance to manage at a full-time club?
Might feel National North is the clubs limit?
Go out on a high?
Money?
Fed up with the pitch, stopping him doing what he wants?

Have to remember he's spent both his playing and managerial career in the professional leagues, he might just feel we're too amateurish for him to take any further; Cleeve's unusual approach to PR perhaps evidence of this.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:15 PM »

The chance to manage at a full-time club?
Might feel National North is the clubs limit?
Go out on a high?
Money?
Fed up with the pitch, stopping him doing what he wants?

Have to remember he's spent both his playing and managerial career in the professional leagues, he might just feel we're too amateurish for him to take any further; Cleeve's unusual approach to PR perhaps evidence of this.

All of the above, whilst it would be a major blow to lose him. Do we already have his natura successor in Simon Lappin?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 08:17:55 PM »
My point is he is better than league 2.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 08:49:44 PM »
Let’s remember where IC joined us from, so Cambs Utd would certainly be a step up.  I get the feeling Amber that your new owner is looking for instant success, so lots of pressure on the man coming in. Get John Beck back in lol.

Culverhouse leaving at the end of the season is the worst kept secret of the season.  The one good thing is Cleeve has had plenty of notice to plan his replacement.  That is of course if Mr Cleeve is planning to be here himself next term. Who knows we maybe in for a local derby next season

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2018, 06:22:36 AM »
I've heard we've been looking down the A17  :scarf: :scarf:

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2018, 09:38:10 AM »
Cameron norman wing back not full back :dontknow: