Author Topic: What is the point  (Read 10149 times)

THE DUKE

• View Profile
What is the point
« on: January 19, 2016, 08:08:46 PM »
The Official Club forum is coming WHY can anyone tell me what this site does that the Fans Forum does not do.

rod

• View Profile
Re: What is the point
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 12:37:12 PM »
For me this is still THE forum as the other one seems to attract very little by way of discussion and is used primarily for notifications? Why for instance could Setch' not use it for a post match mini blog when no video / interview facility is available...............Has he commented yet on Saturday's performance? If so i must have missed it?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:48:35 PM »
In Fairness Robbie Back did say a week or so ago there would be a pre match Blog from Setch and also a Post match Blog from Backie as well.  He also said he was going to ask Buster to do a little piece on video as well for the fans.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:55:09 PM »
The answer in simple terms is that the club effectively has full control of its official forum and its content.

Lots of clubs have both official and unofficial forums. Fans will embrace one, the other or both for their own reasons.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:30:04 PM »
Well Things are for ever changing.  I saw only this week that Freinds Reunited has been closed down, this despite the fact that it changed hands for a good few Million not so many years back. 

THE DUKE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 05:05:50 PM »
Good post Spiro addresses my main point why should the Club re invent the wheel money and effort should be directed at all the things that are wrong. When is the fixture board outside the ground going to be regularly updated some passers by must think we have folded again.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 07:29:09 PM »
Strange question.
Its not unusual for Fans to have their own forum.
You could ask why the Club keeps trying to replicate things that are already in place. Time money and effort that could otherwise be directed into more important matters!

the club should have started its own forum from day one.  would have been a better use of time, than trying to "moderate" this one.

gs

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:45:30 PM »
Thought this website used to be the clubs.

Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 08:56:25 PM »
Good post Spiro addresses my main point why should the Club re invent the wheel money and effort should be directed at all the things that are wrong. When is the fixture board outside the ground going to be regularly updated some passers by must think we have folded again.

It was up to date today, The Duke, which is better isn't it? And almost big enough to read !

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 09:26:44 AM »
Well Things are for ever changing.  I saw only this week that Freinds Reunited has been closed down, this despite the fact that it changed hands for a good few Million not so many years back.

I thought it shut down ages ago to be honest. The birth of free social media sites was a game changer.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 08:05:53 PM »
Dont think the official site will ever be as well used or structured as the trust site,you need some form of moderation but not censership.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2016, 08:21:38 PM »
Evening,

The official forum was set up not to out do or copy the brilliant trust forum, we set up the official one for announcements and items like Ask Setch, we also have a few ideas also coming soon. We wanted to improve the relationship between the supporters and club and we felt the forum might help, ie if anyone has a question regarding the club we could try and reply.
I hope things are improving slowly and I know we have a long way to go but we are all putting a lot of effort in to getting things better for KLTFC
Backie x

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2016, 09:28:43 PM »
Evening,

The official forum was set up not to out do or copy the brilliant trust forum, we set up the official one for announcements and items like Ask Setch, we also have a few ideas also coming soon. We wanted to improve the relationship between the supporters and club and we felt the forum might help, ie if anyone has a question regarding the club we could try and reply.
I hope things are improving slowly and I know we have a long way to go but we are all putting a lot of effort in to getting things better for KLTFC
Backie x

carry on the good work. i trust the friends of the linnets are giving you and setch their full support.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2016, 08:44:29 AM »
Nice to see someone from the Club taking the time and trouble to engage with fans on this site. Well done Backie!  :comeon: :clap: :hello:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2016, 03:05:49 PM »
Well done Backie with you involved and Setch at the helm more chance of all! supporters getting in the mix,still a way to go yet but begining to move in right direction.