Author Topic: Match report v Slough  (Read 541 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


  • Global Moderator
  • Posts: 901
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Match report v Slough
« on: April 16, 2018, 10:12:41 AM »
Slough 2 v Kings Lynn 2.

Lynn came away with a deserved point against Slough Town, and with it their hopes of finishing the season in the top play-off spot which were helped with Weymouth dropping points at home to Banbury.
There could hardly have been a worse start for Lynn when, with just 53 seconds on the clock, Perry Coles benefitted from a defensive slip to lob Alex Street despite desperate attempts to hook the ball off the line.

Two further chances fell to the home side before Lynn registered their first chance on 13 minutes with Cameron King releasing Ryan Hawkins whose powerful drive was well saved by Jake Turner.
Lynn levelled on 16 minutes when King latched on to a Michael Gash pass and steered the ball home. It was not all good news, however, as Fryatt's involvement in the build-up resulted in a knock on the heel and he was unable to take any further part in the game.

On 19 minutes a flighted Scott Davies cross from a free kick forced Street to scramble back to his line to turn the ball over the bar.

King had the ball in the net on the half hour when he touched home Gash's across-goal header but the referee's assistant ruled it offside.

Further chances fell to both sides, Toby Hilliard forcing a save from Turner and then Hawkins blasted one over from some 25 yards.

At the other end Rebel's leading scorer Chris Flood headed just over the angle of post and bar and then took too many touches when sent through by Coles.

With the first half into time added on King scored his second of the afternoon with a dipping shot from some 30 yards to put Lynn back in front.
Early second half chances fell to the home side with Street being forced into a double save on 52 minutes when he blocked Flood's shot and then smothered Cole's follow up.
Matt Lench then volleyed Nathan Smart's cross over the bar as the home side began to pressure.

Gash might have secured the points on 70 minutes when provided with a ball from Hawkins but, under pressure, he could only put the ball wide with the goal at his mercy.

With 10 minutes remaining Smart had the ball in the Lynn net from James Dobson's corner but he was adjudged to have used his arm to guide the ball home rather than his head.

Slough got the goal their efforts deserved with three minutes remaining. Flood headed the ball onto Coles who had got goal-side of Tom Ward and slammed home from close range.