Author Topic: THE PITCH  (Read 5138 times)

dillydilly

• View Profile
Re: THE PITCH
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2018, 07:59:49 PM »
Surely we are an obvious candidate for a 3G pitch a s a p.....

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 08:13:36 PM »
I did wonder of that was what was being considered when the article about the lease appeared in the Lynn News.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 09:32:34 PM »
the cash strapped council want to repair the street light in our back alley (been out for 6 months.) before wasting our money on a 3g pitch.  if only the club had a developement fund to raise money towards this type of thing.  an idea for the friends chairman to mull over perhaps.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2018, 09:51:10 AM »
Pitch looked good Saturday
Credit where credit is due.

birch95

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 11:21:32 AM »
From the view in the stand v Merthyr it looked poor, but second half at pitch level looked very good :dontknow: I suggest stay pitch level :thanks:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 11:47:43 AM »
the cash strapped council want to repair the street light in our back alley (been out for 6 months.) before wasting our money on a 3g pitch.  if only the club had a developement fund to raise money towards this type of thing.  an idea for the friends chairman to mull over perhaps.

Think it was at Kettering (but might be wrong) that the Supporters were doing a fund raiser for pitch improvements. Surely FOTL could start a similar scheme going  :dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2018, 02:49:42 PM »

Think it was at Kettering (but might be wrong) that the Supporters were doing a fund raiser for pitch improvements. Surely FOTL could start a similar scheme going  :dontknow:

I had suggested a scheme before, divide the pitch into squares, get firms or people to sponsor a square, name to go on a large board such as the one in the cafe, job done?
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2018, 04:17:05 PM »
How much a Square Griss, and how many do you want ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2018, 04:31:29 PM »
How much a Square Griss, and how many do you want ?

I suggested that the club got a quote for the work and divided the pitch into affordable sized squares,with the penalty spot and centre spot being prime squares, I would have been interested in the centre spot. :cheers:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2018, 04:55:56 PM »
Reminds of a fundraiser of a ‘Cowdump’. Sold the whole pitch in square feet at a quid a go (few years back now ). Then bring in the cow let it have a wonder around and wherever it crapped the person who had bought that square won half of the pot taken.  People loved it and drew a good crowd to watch a cow dump :laughcry:

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2018, 04:59:17 PM »
I suggested that the club got a quote for the work and divided the pitch into affordable sized squares,with the penalty spot and centre spot being prime squares, I would have been interested in the centre spot. :cheers:
Didn't Backie say that it would be £400k
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2018, 05:00:57 PM »
Didn't Backie say that it would be £400k

I think that was for a 3g pitch?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2018, 05:01:08 PM »
Must a good few grants available, both Nationally and local

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2018, 05:02:24 PM »
Reminds of a fundraiser of a ‘Cowdump’. Sold the whole pitch in square feet at a quid a go (few years back now ). Then bring in the cow let it have a wonder around and wherever it crapped the person who had bought that square won half of the pot taken.  People loved it and drew a good crowd to watch a cow dump :laughcry:

With the amount of bull#### about at the moment it would be harder to find a square without any.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2018, 02:16:49 PM »
A 3G pitch was looked at by Buster and Setch and they visited Sudbury to get further info on their set up. The quotes received were in excess of £500k with annual running costs and a relatively short life. Buster thought it was unaffordable and he would not be able to raise that amount. I cannot see anyone, including the council and the new owner, being prepared to gamble that amount of money. The reserves play at Sudbury and the pitch is great, and is in constant use, but  mainly by Sudbury who run teams from under 8 upwards. Mr Cleeve seems to want to progress up the leagues, which although fanciful, and a 3G pitch is not allowed above the Conference,