Author Topic: Conor Washington  (Read 10150 times)

rod

• View Profile
Conor Washington
« on: January 20, 2016, 12:39:00 PM »
Only a few years ago that he was playing against us for St Ives............I think we tried to sign him?

Peterborough to QPR for 2.8m!

The Fenman

Re: Conor Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 01:22:00 PM »
Peterborough are just about to sell the Turkish 'Messi'  to Crystal Palace as well.

http://www.theposh.com/team/player-profile/erhun-oztumer/10

I was watching him in the Isthmian League Cup final less than two years ago when he was playing for Dulwich Hamlet.

I think Norwich have just signed a lad from Dulwich as well.   There's plenty of Premiership potential in Non-League football.  They just need spotting on the right day and who knows what could happen. 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 01:46:41 PM »
Who is the lad who is Joining Norwich ?

Are The Dulwich Hamlet the Club where TV commentator Martin Tyler is invloved or is that Kingstonian ?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »
Agreed there is lots of potential talent at this level...

Dunstable's central defender Luke Pennell is off to Fulham. As a generalisation of the non-league scene it's a shame Dunstable won't benefit financially from his departure though

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/sport/local-football/blues-defender-set-for-cottagers-switch-1-7158642

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 03:28:28 PM »
A Much lesser scale I feel thats where we fell down with Georgie T, I see he has now moved to FCUM from Chester with a fee.  lets hope with our budding Youth Development that we have learned our lesson, and we dont see any more of our better  players moving on for nothing.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2016, 03:55:15 PM »
Maybe my memory is failing me but I thought that although we got nothing when George signed for Chester, there was mention of a sell on clause?

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2016, 04:53:10 PM »
I belive you are right there was a sell on clause we might have a couple quid coming

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »
A Much lesser scale I feel thats where we fell down with Georgie T, I see he has now moved to FCUM from Chester with a fee.  lets hope with our budding Youth Development that we have learned our lesson, and we dont see any more of our better  players moving on for nothing.
GT signing for FCUM hasn't caused much of a hoo-ha on here. Could that be that we are generally happy and poitive with the way things are at the club, forgetting the odd debacle.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2016, 09:21:52 AM »
Sell on clauses are usually a percentage of any subsequent transfer fee. I'm sure any view from our side would have been on George stepping up further levels and possibly being signed by a League 1/2 club who would have been likely to pay for his services.

Given this was a loan deal which has transpired into a permanent move, I would imagine that no money has exchanged hands between the two clubs.

The Fenman

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2016, 09:31:33 AM »
I may have mentioned this before on this subject but a great story to repeat anytime.

Back in the Mid 90's, Hayes were handed 600,000, 10% of the sell on fee when Les Ferdinand went to Newcastle from QPR.  It was in the January I think and the money allowed them to buy big and leapfrog my team and Enfield, win the league and move onto the Conference.

You never know the hidden gems we/you may be sitting on.....  Getting players on contract is a massive gamble as they need paying when not playing, but in some cases, it is most deffinately worth it.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2016, 11:45:44 AM »
Sell on clauses are usually a percentage of any subsequent transfer fee. I'm sure any view from our side would have been on George stepping up further levels and possibly being signed by a League 1/2 club who would have been likely to pay for his services.

Given this was a loan deal which has transpired into a permanent move, I would imagine that no money has exchanged hands between the two clubs.

On the Chester website it states that he was transferred for an 'undisclosed fee'.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 12:35:27 PM »
So we give him away and Chester then sell him  on to a club who were at the same level as ourselves  last season.  Looks Like Chester got the best of the deal.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2016, 12:52:04 PM »
Be interesting to know the terms of Washington's transfer to Newport - how much St Ives received from this transfer? Press reports state that Newport picked up 0.5m from their sell on clause from the QPR move.

The Fenman

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 02:08:46 PM »
Who is the lad who is Joining Norwich ?

Are The Dulwich Hamlet the Club where TV commentator Martin Tyler is invloved or is that Kingstonian ?

Martin Tyler isn't at Duwich. Must be Ks or elsewhere.

Here's the link re Norwich signing the youngster.  He came through the Aspire Academy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3399053/Norwich-sign-youngster-Diallang-Jaiyesimi-Dulwich-Hamlet-successful-trial.html

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2016, 02:25:47 PM »
Football coaching[edit]

Tyler is currently first team coach at Isthmian League club Hampton & Richmond Borough,[15] joining the club with Alan Dowson in September 2014, having left Kingstonian in April 2014. He joined the K's in 2007 from Walton & Hersham as part of the support staff alongside Dowson.

It was Kingstonian, but it seems I was way out of date.