Author Topic: Conor Washington  (Read 10144 times)

robbo84

• View Profile
Re: Conor Washington
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2016, 03:32:45 PM »
Sell on clauses are usually a percentage of any subsequent transfer fee. I'm sure any view from our side would have been on George stepping up further levels and possibly being signed by a League 1/2 club who would have been likely to pay for his services.

Given this was a loan deal which has transpired into a permanent move, I would imagine that no money has exchanged hands between the two clubs.

On the Chester website it states that he was transferred for an 'undisclosed fee'.

...which makes any potential sell on clause as clear as mud.

Personally I don't like all this 'undisclosed fee' business. Reading through the transfer window deals online earlier the bulk of deals now feature an undisclosed fee. Here I was thinking the people at the top were pushing for more transparency in football!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
As we are talking about players who we may have let slip through our fingers, I remember we had a young striker who played for us around 1977? A local lad called Andy hunt, a good player, we exchanged him for a Kettering centre half who wasn't very good, in fact I think it was his 2nd spell with us, anyway they went on to sell Hunt to Newcastle for a good fee, he was then sold for another good fee to Charlton, were sadly he picked up a injury which as good as finished his time in football.  I am trying to remember the centre half, help please?  Also a player called Wayne Biggins, I think he went on to better things.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2016, 04:11:20 PM »
Andy Hunt played for us a lot later than the '70s. I remember seeing him playing for West Brom in the mid '90s.

I've often wondered how the Heggs squad would have fared had we not folded. Quite a few of that squad went on to play at a higher level for other clubs. Kwesi Appiah is still currently on Palace's books but out on loan. He's achieved 6 international caps for Ghana and scored for them too.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2016, 07:59:52 PM »
Mac the player we swapped andy hunt for neil horwood and we received around 40 000 from a sell on claus which kept the club afloat for a while, money troubles were looming back then in the dolimore years.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2016, 08:07:18 PM »
Sell on clauses are usually a percentage of any subsequent transfer fee. I'm sure any view from our side would have been on George stepping up further levels and possibly being signed by a League 1/2 club who would have been likely to pay for his services.

Given this was a loan deal which has transpired into a permanent move, I would imagine that no money has exchanged hands between the two clubs.

On the Chester website it states that he was transferred for an 'undisclosed fee'.

it was a dozen bottles of holts too hoots and a large tater ash from westwells.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2016, 01:12:29 PM »
Andy Hunt played for us a lot later than the '70s. I remember seeing him playing for West Brom in the mid '90s.

I've often wondered how the Heggs squad would have fared had we not folded. Quite a few of that squad went on to play at a higher level for other clubs. Kwesi Appiah is still currently on Palace's books but out on loan. He's achieved 6 international caps for Ghana and scored for them too.

Cannot find any trace of Kwesi Appiah out on loan since he returned from a spell at Reading at the end of last season...Think he may have a long term injury?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2016, 01:32:22 PM »
He injured his cruciate ligament on international duty last summer and is still recovering.

Given that he dropped into Non League after Peterborough there was always a chance we could have hung on to him had we not suffered our meltdown.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2016, 05:51:13 PM »
Mac the player we swapped andy hunt for neil horwood and we received around 40 000 from a sell on claus which kept the club afloat for a while, money troubles were looming back then in the dolimore years.

I don't remember Horwood being that bad a signing. Did he have an earlier spell with Lynn, mid 80's?

Primarily a centre half but I seem to remember we played him as a striker occasionally?

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2016, 06:56:20 PM »
AP i remember him as a terrible signing kettering only to pleased to off load.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2016, 11:51:03 PM »
AP i remember him as a terrible signing kettering only to pleased to off load.

You're probably right Sworn 2. Lynn teams of late 80s early 90s were hardly world beaters. I do, however, remember Horwood scoring in an away win at Spalding. It was the season that Grantham groundshared with them. I think we ended up going there five times that season.

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2016, 03:10:24 PM »
League cup was run in regional groups Grantham and Spalding in our group plus two lg games away not sure  of 5 games admin would know.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2016, 03:57:52 PM »
can only find four games against Spalding that season
http://www.thelinnets.co.uk/archive/archiveresults.php?s=1990-91

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2016, 04:56:26 PM »
thanks admin i thought four, have all four programs and att all four

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 05:43:52 PM »
How can you forget the prestigious Evans Halshaw Floodlit cup? We were in a group with Corby and Grantham, hence the 5th trip to Spalding

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 08:13:45 PM »
Ithink you are correct ap will research my prog collection.