Author Topic: Great Season.  (Read 1775 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Great Season.
« on: May 07, 2018, 06:00:14 AM »
 :bus: I just wanted to say win or lose today, what a great season we have had.
FIRST and foremost this is down to the players and their manager Mr. Culverhouse. The effort and desire to succeed has been evident at many matches this season, which looked lost but with fighting spirit were eventually won. We really can only say we didn't turn up for a handful of matches all season, this happens at all levels.

Secondly, we really should also send some thanks Mr Cleeves way, he has backed the manager financially this season, yes the pitch has been an issue, not disputing that, but had we have had a groundsman would his wages have taken away from the playing budget, QUITE POSSIBLY.

We now move on to our biggest match in many years, good luck to all at KLTFC, however I feel we really will not need luck if we play the same as we did against Weymouth, STUNNING is all I can say.

Thirdly, Mr Culverhouse is to depart after this match, Mr Cleeve will be looking for a new manager, let's put all this bitterness and bitching behind us, enjoy the day and win this promotion.

Paddygray

• View Profile
Re: Great Season.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:32:09 AM »
It will stick in a some peoples craw but if we have  enjoyed this season then we must simply extend some gratitude to the owner. The reason we have witnessed the football and goals is down to the players the manager has brought in, and the reason this manager is here was down to the owner as he makes the decisions. Next season is the future, our immediate future is today's final COYL.

Harry the Painter

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:50 AM »
A Great season and great football.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

an interesting post on The Pink Un's Facebook page.
Would a win today make IC stay as manager?  :comeon:

https://www.facebook.com/thepinkun/posts/10155737698074811

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 09:12:33 AM »
A Great season and great football.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

an interesting post on The Pink Un's Facebook page.
Would a win today make IC stay as manager?  :comeon:

https://www.facebook.com/thepinkun/posts/10155737698074811

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town/king-s-lynn-town-fc-1-5505979

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:02:10 AM »
 :farmer: My ideal day would be for King's Lynn town to win this football match, a 2000 gate, Ian Culverhouse to retract his resignation after another fine win, plenty of Slough supporters here to witness our promotion, no trouble between fans only good banter and a safe trip home.  :oldman"

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 12:42:00 PM »
Gutted I can't be there today due to work commitments but will try and follow online as best I can
What I've seen this year of this team has been very impressive esp at slough a couple of weeks ago  where were the better side for long periods
We have a superb team coached by a superb manager and would love him to stay and take the club forward but if he goes  he goes
Just hope today goes well and we get promoted and everyone enjoys the day
Coyl  :cup2: :scarf: :scarf: :hello:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 07:23:07 PM »
Well what a season, from the highs of the two Hereford games and Wednesday against Weymouth to the lows of Farnborough and Tiverton away and of course today. First a massive thank you to the players who have been sensational all season. A shame that we didnít play our best football today I felt like a few of our bigger players went missing today.

Secondly a massive thank you to Mr Culverhouse who brought a style of football to this club that it hasnít seen in a very long time. Itís a shame they things have panned out but we always new Lynn weíre a stepping stone to bigger things.

And to Mr Cleeve who has been willing to stick his hand in his pocket and provide a playing budget that has given us a special season. I feel itís great time for some self reflection and to see what he can do to improve his relationship with the next manager and with the fans

We now turn to a summer of uncertainty around the club, can Mr Cleeve pull another rabbit out of the hat with the next manager? Will this squad stay together or will the likes of Gash, Mettam, Norman, King and others move on to new pastures new?

One thing I no is that come August I will be back at the Walks!

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
 :farmer: Well, it was not to be, I believe some players FROZE on the hottest day of the year, credit to Slough they came and did a job on us, I felt Pedro had a bad day at the office, his distribution was appalling from the ground, the best 2 Lynn players on the park were Fryatt and Gash in my opinion. We now go forward with a new manager at the helm (when appointed), some players will come and some will go, hopefully we learn from this cruel defeat and possibly win the league next season .

OVER TO YOU MR CHAIRMAN.  :oldman"

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 07:23:16 PM »
I feel that the large crowd created such a huge weight of expectation that the players did indeed freeze. We had assumed that playing at home would be an advantage, I wonder if we would have done better playing at Slough?