Author Topic: Today.  (Read 2232 times)

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
Today.
« on: May 07, 2018, 06:05:42 PM »
I haven't been this stressed out after a game for years, Gosport could have stuffed us today.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
Re: Today.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 06:24:23 PM »
Not the best performance i agree. From a personal point of a view, at least i will be able to see a few local games next season. :salute:

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 07:18:32 PM »
Big disappointment today, I thought the tactics were all wrong - we seemed determined to keep possession and tire the opposition out, with the hope of going gung-ho in the last ten minutes after mettam came on. This only played into the opposition hands, when we should've been doing all we can to wrap things up early doors.

That having been said, it's been a terrific season overall and the players can be proud to have brought us all the way to the final.

Jethro Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 07:21:30 PM »
Gutted, but probably not as much as the players. Weather and the 30 min delay did them no favours.
Time for a break and then back behind the team for next season and if they play like they have this season then another great season ahead :scarf: :scarf:
Supporting the Linnets since 1964.

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 07:23:19 PM »
Occassion got to Lynn today for me. Players like Norman/King who have been superb this season wilted when it mattered. Gash/Fryatt the only two players who were by large solid and did their job, all the rest were below par. Pitch was terrible to get ball down and play, just bobbly as hell as it showed in first 20 minutes and I reckon that halted Lynn playing how they wanted to, tried to play more direct which overall Slough won the battle of route one. Pretty sure though that the defender saved Mettam bicycle kick.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 07:42:04 AM »
So we came up a little short on the final day of a long season.  Play-offs are always a lottery.  Was a great ride and enjoyable.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 11:37:39 AM »
Iíll second that

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 12:46:19 PM »
We didn't leave the dressing room second half. Season has been mostly highs . Will definetly be back next season. Think the referee and linesmen were very weak. Not an excuse just an observation

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 01:00:58 PM »
In Hindsight ( isn't it a wonderful thing)  We had our chance in the period when we scored. If we had grabbed a 2nd when we were on top it MIGHT have all been so different.  The goal they scored on the lead up to the interval was a killer.  Sent them in with their tails up and us the complete opposite.  Fine margins and all that. 

That's this season done.... a new one is just around the corner.   Little matter of a World Cup to enjoy first.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 03:51:15 PM »
We would have gone in 1 nil up if street hadn't hesitated with th cross. Thought he had mare yesterday putting backs in trouble and not clearing long when needed.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2018, 08:50:24 PM »
Just seen the highlights on slough fc site, looking back no complaints, best team won, their fitness seemed to tell on our players. Looking back over the season, apart from Norman who was brilliant this season, I think BlakeTracy, and Ryan  Fryatt have also had great seasons.Whats Darren Bloodworth doing these days?