Author Topic: Culverhouse -"was never staying".  (Read 2305 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Culverhouse -"was never staying".
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/football/outgoing-king-s-lynn-town-boss-culverhouse-was-never-staying-on-at-the-walks-1-8489820

None of the names attached are particularly exciting

Whoever comes in will have big shoes to fill,IC took over the team with many players from the Setch tenure,added to them and improved massively. We have no idea which players will stay and which will depart,some may follow IC and some may be tempted to reunite with Setch? Whoever comes in will be expected to at least match or improve on what IC has done,so instant pressure? :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Die hard Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2018, 10:05:34 PM »
I don’t understand what he is referring to about ‘baggage in the background’ can anyone shed any light on this?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2018, 10:12:49 PM »
https://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/football/outgoing-king-s-lynn-town-boss-culverhouse-was-never-staying-on-at-the-walks-1-8489820

None of the names attached are particularly exciting

Whoever comes in will have big shoes to fill,IC took over the team with many players from the Setch tenure,added to them and improved massively. We have no idea which players will stay and which will depart,some may follow IC and some may be tempted to reunite with Setch? Whoever comes in will be expected to at least match or improve on what IC has done,so instant pressure? :dontknow:

Instant pressure 100% we have a platform now to build from. I disagree with anyone wanting to reunite with Setchell tho, the players in this current squad are above Wisbech.

Lennylinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2018, 10:18:41 PM »
Not a fan of any of the names being swung around the managerial rumour mill, we need someone whos been at a higher level and plays a good style like IC or just get lappin. Hes been brilliant not just as a player but also a leader on the pitch. No brainer hes already a fan favourite and a populur figure in the changing room :cup2:

Harry the Painter

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2018, 10:24:56 PM »
Not a fan of any of the names being swung around the managerial rumour mill, we need someone whos been at a higher level and plays a good style like IC or just get lappin. Hes been brilliant not just as a player but also a leader on the pitch. No brainer hes already a fan favourite and a populur figure in the changing room :cup2:

Totally agree. Simon is the man to continue the style of play and winning formula. He has my vote  :oldman" :scarf: :clap: :cup2:

LinnetsSoccer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2018, 10:29:46 PM »
I think it needs to be another Norwich old boy, they are the only ones with the contacts to attract the calibre of player we need to push on.

I'd be happy with Lapin, or could we tempt Neil Adams?

SamsDad

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2018, 10:46:42 PM »
Gary Mills is without a job isn’t he?! Knows the club, knows the standard and one of the best managers I have seen at Lynn..

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 07:41:02 AM »
I really hope the club is now in a position to attract a higher calibre of applicant than some of those mentioned.

Mills... sacked from only previous 2 jobs at Rugby (?) and Corby

Greene..... Now managing at bottom half of step 5

Taylor.... Did a great job here last time, but maybe a bit long in the tooth now.... not been involved at this level for a while

Gainsborough guy.... weren't they relegated this season ?  was sacked because of their lowly League position.

Sam G...... No experience of Management... Good Guy, but a massive risk

Like many have to say I like the sound of Simon Lappin, But would also throw another name in the hat..... How about Ryan Jarvis ?  Still much to offer as a player, but has been there  and don it as a player and played under some great Managers....  How about him with say Nigel Worthington or Micky Chapman ( his old boss at Lowestoft) ?  Micky could sure get people fired up to play.  He took Lowestoft from  Thurlow Nunn  to Conference North, with a Wembley appearance thrown in for good measure.  Great Local contacts as well

Darrell

• Moderated
    • View Profile

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2018, 10:27:22 AM »
Will he not end up wherever Mick McCarthy goes ?

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 11:22:50 AM »
Ian Culverhouse did a great job for King's Lynn on the pitch this season, that there is no doubt.

He has obviously found the restraints of working with a non-league club very different to the pro game.

He has obviously set up his departure. That's how pro's do it. They find a reason to walk away or they find something so they can increase their salary.

Ian Culverhouse is a very strong willed man (Villa incident). It's his way or no way.

This is not a slant on Ian's character, its how I see it. Whilst his claims should be acknowledged, too much should not be read into it all. He needed something to go out on.

He's gone. Good luck to him.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 11:35:44 AM »
Whoever the new manager will be (and none of the names I've read give me much confidence) let's hope it announces quickly so planning can take place for next season.

If it was my choice I'd certainly speaking to Lappin (and maybe Jarvis) to see if they fancy it.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 01:07:46 PM »
LU, I think the Club ( which is the Chairman ) could have run the club much more professionally.  Some of the stuff with Culverhouse were handled very poorly to say the least. 

Think if the fans had an true insight into what Culverhouse had put into the Club, things that were more the Chairman's remit that the Managers.  I guess that's all for another day.