Author Topic: Culverhouse -"was never staying".  (Read 1931 times)

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Culverhouse -"was never staying".
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
Think King's Lynn need to go for a guy that's a very good coach, with local contacts. Culverhouse has implemented a style that will be attractive to players, and if the next coach can continue and deliver great coaching sessions, it will appeal to the players that are hungry (young/just released that may still have ambitions of making either league football or top of non league football) and they will want to join.

I think they could easily go for a guy that's technically a great man manager and knows plenty of contacts, but if it tends to be more journeyman arriving I think it would have a negative impact and wouldn't be great long term if club were to be promoted. The current style is better long term I feel.

LUFC1992KLFC

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »
I be the first to acknowledge that the chairman has made a few two footed tackles this season. His first full season running a club. Hopefully he will learn from the errors. I have no doubt Ian did do his bit.......( however read above.)
Mr Cleeve did what he said WITH THE TEAM hopefully other stuff will now follow.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2018, 06:48:13 PM »
I really hope the club is now in a position to attract a higher calibre of applicant than some of those mentioned.

Mills... sacked from only previous 2 jobs at Rugby (?) and Corby

Greene..... Now managing at bottom half of step 5

Taylor.... Did a great job here last time, but maybe a bit long in the tooth now.... not been involved at this level for a while

Gainsborough guy.... weren't they relegated this season ?  was sacked because of their lowly League position.

Sam G...... No experience of Management... Good Guy, but a massive risk

Like many have to say I like the sound of Simon Lappin, But would also throw another name in the hat..... How about Ryan Jarvis ?  Still much to offer as a player, but has been there  and don it as a player and played under some great Managers....  How about him with say Nigel Worthington or Micky Chapman ( his old boss at Lowestoft) ?  Micky could sure get people fired up to play.  He took Lowestoft from  Thurlow Nunn  to Conference North, with a Wembley appearance thrown in for good measure.  Great Local contacts as well

Ryan Jarvis is currently coaching a Norwich City Academy shadow squad, at under 17 I think, so he is clearly interested in coaching and has, as you say, bags of experience. I would rather have him or Lappin in charge for the continuity with Culverhouse.

Southlinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2018, 06:52:27 PM »
I really hope the club is now in a position to attract a higher calibre of applicant than some of those mentioned.

Mills... sacked from only previous 2 jobs at Rugby (?) and Corby

Greene..... Now managing at bottom half of step 5

Taylor.... Did a great job here last time, but maybe a bit long in the tooth now.... not been involved at this level for a while

Gainsborough guy.... weren't they relegated this season ?  was sacked because of their lowly League position.

Sam G...... No experience of Management... Good Guy, but a massive risk

Like many have to say I like the sound of Simon Lappin, But would also throw another name in the hat..... How about Ryan Jarvis ?  Still much to offer as a player, but has been there  and don it as a player and played under some great Managers....  How about him with say Nigel Worthington or Micky Chapman ( his old boss at Lowestoft) ?  Micky could sure get people fired up to play.  He took Lowestoft from  Thurlow Nunn  to Conference North, with a Wembley appearance thrown in for good measure.  Great Local contacts as well

Who is Sam G????

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2018, 08:27:21 PM »
Lol.Sam Gaughran.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2018, 09:12:06 PM »
If money was no object - Eddie Howe.

However, Simon Lappin or Ryan Jarvis - or both? Could they work together? Both will have contacts and possibly some On Loan players from Norwich. AFC Bournemouth farm out some to Weymouth and other local teams.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2018, 09:16:21 PM »
Bournemouth ‘loaned’ plenty of players to Norwich in the 70s. Machin, Benson, Powell, Boyer, McDougall. To name a few, Mike  :laughcry: