Author Topic: Time to Look in The Mirror Mr Cleeve  (Read 1194 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Time to Look in The Mirror Mr Cleeve
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:50:22 AM »
I think the guy deserves plenty of praise for the what he has put in place at Lynn.  However hopefully he will take time to reflex on where he got it badly wrong.   The bigget mistake he made was his treatment of Ian Culverhouse.  I firmly believe this guy would have been with us for a good few years, if Mr Cleeve had played it with a straight bat.   I am sure we have all heard the 'stories' of what went wrong between the 2 of them.  Is there really any point in going over them again ?   I think not.  I just hope the guy can learn from his mistakes and make sure they are not repeated when they new guy comes in.

I also hope he has the good sense to bring other people into the Club to help 'share the load' of running the Club.  We are playing such a dangerous game, as a Club, just having one person in charge of  everything.  For example if the guy was taken ill, or many other situations that could well arise, where would that leave us ?

It is going to be a very interesting summer.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Time to Look in The Mirror Mr Cleeve
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 08:34:47 AM »
While Mr Cleeve is in charge, there will be no plan B.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 11:27:24 AM »
There is always a plan B you can rest assured on that point

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 07:03:32 PM »
I think the guy deserves plenty of praise for the what he has put in place at Lynn.  However hopefully he will take time to reflex on where he got it badly wrong.   The bigget mistake he made was his treatment of Ian Culverhouse.  I firmly believe this guy would have been with us for a good few years, if Mr Cleeve had played it with a straight bat.   I am sure we have all heard the 'stories' of what went wrong between the 2 of them.  Is there really any point in going over them again ?   I think not.  I just hope the guy can learn from his mistakes and make sure they are not repeated when they new guy comes in.

I also hope he has the good sense to bring other people into the Club to help 'share the load' of running the Club.  We are playing such a dangerous game, as a Club, just having one person in charge of  everything.  For example if the guy was taken ill, or many other situations that could well arise, where would that leave us ?

It is going to be a very interesting summer.

There is no point going over "stories" Mallard but I would be happy to know some facts. As far as I understand it, Culverhouse complained, rightly, about the poor quality of the pitch and also wanted to strengthen the squad for the run in, which Cleeve refused to do because of cost. These were both, of course,significant issues - Slough have a large squad and they rotate regularly; they definitely had the legs on Lynn yesterday and the pitch has probably cost Lynn some points but probably not enough to have caught Hereford.

I'm not sure in what ways, other than the two issues above, Cleeve has badly treated Culverhouse. The pitch issue can definitely be blamed on Cleeve; not getting players in for the run-in and error of judgement perhaps but neither of these two factors amount to bad treatment. If there are other things that Cleeve has supposed to have done to Culverhouse, I don't think I have read them on here.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 08:24:11 PM »
Yeah just stories if you like Stan. None of it matters now does it. Culverhouse has gone Cleeve is looking for his successor. The World moves on. Today’s news, tomorrow’s fish n chip papers.

Interesting to hear IC on Radio Norfolk earlier saying a lot of the players will be gone. Also heard he has found a number 2 role.   Ok it’s to Mike Walker in the Norwich City legends game coming up.

Also stuff on Radio Norfolk tomorrow morning about Kings Lynn FC including the pitch debate