Author Topic: In's and Out  (Read 2599 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
In's and Out
« on: May 08, 2018, 08:34:52 AM »
Bit of fun..... who would you keep for next season and who would you let go ?

Street...... Pedro's is almost part of the furniture......... Defo  IN
Norman...... What a season love to see him stay, but he wont....... OUT
Fryatt........Kings Lynn Through and Through...........................IN
Ward......... Had an Ok Season, But time to move on.................OUT
Blake Tracy......Great First season,  more to come.....................IN
Jarvis........... Mr 8/10 every week Leader.................................IN
Clunan............Was Missed while out injured.............................IN
King................Quality with a big Q  Will get better 15 goals plus....IN
Hawkins........... Tom Daley eat ya heart out..... Not consistent enough for me......OUT
Hilliard..............Does what it says on the tin...Gives his all  Squad Player........IN
Gash..............Great Target man, needs a partner.......................IN
Mettam.......... No Brainer this one.....BIG BIG Disappointment.......OUT
Parker............... Great Goal getter from midfield..........................IN
Siddons..............Didn't get enough Game time, will he want to stay ?........IN
Frary...............Did an Ok job when called upon.... Think There is better about.....OUT
Lappin.............Slow Start, but now firmly imbedded into the Club...........IN

Lets have your thoughts people.

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: In's and Out
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 11:23:58 AM »
Looking at that I would still keep Hawkins but play him where he belongs on the wing

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2018, 11:31:30 AM »
Bit early to discuss until we get a new manager.....but seeing as it's been started:

In my view, Norman will go. King will go. Gash will probably go.

Personally I keep Hawkins, Ward & Frary.

Metts I think will go. Not really done it in a Lynn shirt.

Siddons I would like to see stay, obviously he'll want to play more regularly and I have a feeling that won't be with Lynn.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2018, 11:32:18 AM »
For starters,  which players are on contract?

Cameron King signed two years I believe(??)

I know contracts mean very little, however it does make it a bit trickier for players to just up and leave.

I hope "Setch" mates want to continue to play at the highest level and not follow him to Wisbech. Probably an option for one or two now Wisbech playing at higher level.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2018, 11:34:54 AM »
I agree Siddons could do a good job given the playing time to improve his game

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2018, 12:33:10 PM »
It rather depends on what is written in their contract. Some have clauses that cater for a change of manager so that neither the player nor incoming manager have their hands tied.
 King did a deal keeping here on short term.
http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/kings-lynn-town/king-s-lynn-town-fc-1-5418755
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2018, 01:03:33 PM »
Nem mine was only a wish a list, lots may change.  A new broom could come in and have a big clean up.  Remember back to the day when Carl Heggs came in...He started with a blank sheet of paper.

The Chairman has a massive role to play in getting the right man in.   He did it with Culverhouse, lets hope he can do it again.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2018, 05:40:37 PM »
Realistically any manager has to expect losing Norman, King, Gash, Mettam.

If I was manager then I would look to keep the rest of the squad. Knowing I need a RB I’d be looking for a box to box midfielder we sorely missed Clunan energy yesterday. And two strikers a target man and one that quick and powerful. If the budget goes far enough another CB.

Probably an unpopular opinion but I would also be looking for a new GK. Pedro is a great shot stopper but he really is awful with the ball at feet.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2018, 07:59:08 PM »
Cameron Norman has just announced his departure on Twitter, for me player of the season. I hope he finds great success wherever he goes.

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2018, 08:33:00 PM »
Inevitable.He will need to learn to use his left foot now and then though.Slough new that and snuffed him out yesterday.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 11:50:55 AM »

Probably an unpopular opinion but I would also be looking for a new GK. Pedro is a great shot stopper but he really is awful with the ball at feet.

He'd be the first name on my team sheet every week.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
Normally the keeper is first on any team sheet B&G   :laughcry:

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 01:45:55 PM »
Normally the keeper is first on any team sheet B&G   :laughcry:
There ya go then................sorted!   :scarf:

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 01:54:26 PM »
For what its worth, my opinion:

Street...... IN, unlikely to find better locally
Norman...... OUT, gone already
Ward......... IN, still one of the 'most improved' players of the season and more to come imo
Fryatt........ IN, very, very good season in both a back 3 or 4, went from stopper to footballer imo
Blake Tracy...... IN, very strong contender for player of the season, will do well to keep him
Jarvis........... IN, player of the season by a country mile for me
Clunan........... IN, came on leaps and bounds under IC, hopefully the improved maturity will continue under the new manager
King............... IN, if we can keep him but think he might be looking higher than step 3
Hawkins........... IN, local and with a better pitch would do more, not sure IC ever trusted him nor got the best out of him
Hilliard.............. IN, local and capable squad player at step 3
Gash.............. IN, would be lucky to keep him but might be one of those off to pastures new?
Mettam.......... OUT, would have been better to have paid him to sit at home all season
Parker............... IN, stepped up well and great goal % from midfield
Siddons.............. IN, big question marks about fitness for me, certainly capable but can he play 90mins week in, week out if Gash goes?
Frary............... IN, came on loads from brief appearances early in the season, still work in progress but more to come
Lappin............. IN, has to be looking to play less and coach (hopefully manage) more in 2018/19

In terms of additions, we have an obvious gap at right back (wing back), could do with another centre half if we go with 3 at the back (which I think suits the present squad).  I would like to see Fryatt jnr see more game time to develop into a genuine challenger to the central two in midfield and then it just remains to see what we do up front.  This season showed we don't necessarily need an out and out goal machine with everyone chipping in and perming any 2 from 3 of Parker, King and Hawkins proved pretty potent.  Squad depth remains an issue and I can't see this changing much under the present regime so any new manager coming in may need to be adept in the loan market if injury does strike.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2018, 07:41:33 PM »
With IC now riding off into the sunset, nobody has mentioned Keith Webb, didn't come across as a great personality but managed to get us into the National Set up. Good players also, Mark Warren, Mat Nolan, Joe Francis, and Jack etc. Always good to watch.