Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 4336 times)

Linnet1947

• View Profile
Next Season
« on: May 09, 2018, 08:25:16 AM »
When will we find out confirmation of our league for next season ? When will the fixtures be released ? If it is the new Central League, then away games should be a lot easier to get to. A lot depends on who is left from the 2017/18 squad, and also the new manager.

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Next Season
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 08:36:17 AM »
Lots of questions at this moment in time.... Not too many answers to come very quickly, I suspect.
Could be things might start looking a lot worse before they get any better.

Big Testing Time for Stephen Cleeve.  After the enjoyment and success  of this season, will people be expecting to see things at least match this season ?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 08:44:25 AM »
I think people will look at last season, look at the new projected league, and expect to win it.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 09:03:57 AM »
It is worrying times..... Think we have to put a lot of faith in Cleeve and his ability to manage this football Club.    Listening To Culverhouse on the Radio last night it seems we could be seeing a big turnover of players.   

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 09:20:13 AM »
Until the club appoint a new manager we're going to have a few weeks of uncertainty, especially around players. I can see potentially another couple going before any announcement (and no Grissles I don't have any inside knowledge - just my guess!).

Would imagine we'll hear soon-ish about the league step up for next season? Few play-offs to finish and then we'll probably hear soon after that.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 09:28:20 AM »
 Missed that then was he saying a lot of players where going or was it sour grapes I M O Ian Culverhouse was a great coach but not a good Manager not many interviews with Press interaction with fans nil I think the managers Job is to also to promote the club which he did none of this

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2018, 09:46:11 AM »
I didn't get the feeling from the interview it was sour grapes.  He was saying what a great Club it is and someone should be able to come in and continue to take the club Forward.

Agree with regard to IC and the Press etc.  He certainly didn't want to be interactive where that was concerned.  I get the feeling he isn't your typical cliché quote type of manager.  He more wanted his players to his talking on the pitch.   Shame really because when they guy got in the front of a mic he talked a whole lot of sense without any of the normal managerial BS that other Managers can come out with it

I just wish Stephen Cleeve could have found a way to keep the guy.  Really thought the Club was onto something with Culverhouse at the helm.  Now everything has been thrown back up in the air, and who knows what the summer will bring.

Darrell

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 10:53:37 AM »
Oh you mongers of doom, try looking on the bright side, apart from one two on here I think we all agree our last manager was an improvement on the one before him, maybe the next one will be an improvement on the last one. Maybe we should try looking at our glass (albeit plastic) being half full rather than half empty..

:scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 12:07:55 PM »
I guess its easy to feel glass half empty when we had such a great season and played some entertaining stuff at times  then the man who pulled it all together is on his bike.

Also having had Culverhouse the names being knocked around do not  suggest even better times are on there way.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 12:15:01 PM »

Also having had Culverhouse the names being knocked around do not  suggest even better times are on there way.

Let's at least wait until a new manager is appointed before we start writing him off!!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 12:44:10 PM »
I think most of those mentioned as next manager, I would write off!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 01:12:38 PM »
Heard Mr Cleeve on Radio Norfolk earlier..... few little bits.

There are 2 in the running ( no mention of the table) for the job both with Football League Experience.     

2 Miles of drainage pipe being laid in the summer...short term answer....

Long term 3G pitch which will cost around 500k...but with grants the Club would only have to put in 200-300k

Mr Cleeve wants to put a stand on the Tennyson Road end of the ground but the council have not included the car park in the terms of the new lease.

On the subject of the Lease Mr Cleeve wants one of 100-150 years..... ( that's nearly freehold surely)

The Council feel it is doubtful they will offer the club any form of funding with regard to the pitch.

Richard

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 01:40:30 PM »
A few years back the council said that they thought The Walks was unsuitable for league football.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2018, 04:15:37 PM »
Got a horrible feeling that in culverhouse all we've managed to find is another heggs, a one off season. I hope I am wrong and cleeve pulls another rabbit out of the hat.... :thanks: :thanks: