Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 3023 times)

Lennylinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Next Season
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2018, 09:57:30 PM »
I hope Cleeve produces on his ambitions and promises. Hearing that hes got 2 managers in mind both with football league experience is a positive thing, might be better style and might bring in those extra 1 or 2 players we might of been missing last season. Drainage is a big concern and we all hope thats dealt with, but arnt 3g pitches banned in the football league?

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2018, 11:36:00 AM »
I thought Heggs did a great job in the short time he was at the club
Maybe with the club being more stable he could be the one to come back in and take the club forward
Certainly played an attacking style and were entertaining to watch
Just a thought  :sinking:

bobdunk

• Bob Dunkling
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »
Maybe with the club being more stable he could be the one to come back in and take the club forward
Totally agree

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2018, 11:51:36 AM »
Only applicants that will be considered will be "yes sir,"no sir" clients :dontknow: But yes carl heggs done a wonderful job in his time :clap:

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2018, 01:13:17 PM »
Why and where did Heggs go, I can't remember
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mick

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2018, 01:23:16 PM »
Why and where did Heggs go, I can't remember

He was very good while he was here. Unfinished business and definitely good with the media. Whether he'd be interested or even applied for the job remains to be seen. Entertainment all round.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Heggs

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2018, 01:30:46 PM »
So he has two managers in mind, will that equate to the three offers on the table for sponsors last season? As for the drainage I understand that the new groundsman has got that in hand, maybe he could post progress reports?  I seem to remember him saying that the current drainage pipes were in good condition, and more were being added to improve the situation, FOTL have already made a contribution to the work.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2018, 02:29:25 PM »
Sorry Watford but Heggs got rid of Jack Defty who had numerous offers at a higher level.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2018, 02:32:46 PM »
Sorry Watford but Heggs got rid of Jack Defty who had numerous offers at a higher level.
....................and was man enough to admit it was the biggest mistake he made while at the Club.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2018, 02:33:16 PM »

Is the club more stable?  :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2018, 03:17:19 PM »
Linnets played some good football under Heggs but I think there would be a clash of personalities within the 1st week.  :scarf:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 06:21:01 PM »
I donít see any likeness to a Heggs team to a Culverhouse team.  Heggs Team were a big strong outfit who certainly put themselves in the Northern step 3 League.  He want a 110% from everyone ( inc himself) those that werenít prepared to go that extra mile for him were shown the door.  Culverhouse played a much more refined game all about retaining procession.

Both styles had there plus sides and negatives as well.

Tazzy good to see you back. I donít think Heggs was only Manager to get rid of the big fellow.  Setch also showed him the door.  To then get in a list of strikers who wer my fit to lace Jackís boots.  With maybe Dunkley being the only one who came close, he was gone after a season

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2018, 07:04:41 PM »
Not saying that the teams are alike, just saying both managers stay was short and sweet.... :dontknow:

Watford mick

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2018, 03:03:11 PM »
I think one of the reasons jack left was because he wasn't prepared to travel to the Midlands to train and I can't blame hi. For that
2 different styles of football yes  and both good to watch
When I said the club was more stable I should have said IF the club was more stable
Heggs has good contact in the Midlands I believe and given the demographic of the league we are going in would hopefully mean recruiting and retaining decent players would be easier  let's see what happens eh

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2018, 03:18:48 PM »
I thought the season under Carl Heggs only started going well when Adam Sinclair came in as assistant?