Author Topic: Next Season  (Read 3024 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
Re: Next Season
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2018, 03:29:51 PM »
I thought the season under Carl Heggs only started going well when Adam Sinclair came in as assistant?

That has been said, but if it was the case, maybe we should also ask who was responsible for bringing Adam Sinclair in?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2018, 03:32:30 PM »
I agree B&G, Heggs did bring Sinclair in. Just that some seem to forget he appeared to have as much to do with it as Heggs.

On another note, why do people want old managers back? Personally prefer someone new who's not been involved with the club before.

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2018, 03:47:14 PM »
On another note, why do people want old managers back? Personally prefer someone new who's not been involved with the club before.

He hasn't been involved with this club though...

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2018, 04:06:17 PM »

He hasn't been involved with this club though...

Good point, technically you're correct!

On another note, why do people want old managers back? Personally prefer someone new who's not been involved with a club who play their home games at The Walks before.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2018, 05:03:56 PM »
I agree the time Heggs was interesting and exciting but has he still got the contacts and knowledge to manage at this level ? If Wikipedia is up to date he's spent the last 4 or 5  years teaching. Look for someone new I say with current experience and contacts from a higher level.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2018, 06:02:56 PM »
I hope Cleeve produces on his ambitions and promises. Hearing that hes got 2 managers in mind both with football league experience is a positive thing, might be better style and might bring in those extra 1 or 2 players we might of been missing last season. Drainage is a big concern and we all hope thats dealt with, but arnt 3g pitches banned in the football league?

League Football experience  :dontknow:

That will be Simon Lappin  :worship: and Ryan Jarvis.  :worship:

:scarf: :scarf: :comeon: :comeon: :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

YouSayItBest

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2018, 06:35:19 PM »
If only I was allowed to tell you all who the next manager is

Lennylinnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2018, 09:24:24 PM »
Already excited for next season, local games, new manager, and ground improvements (hopefully). But one thing i hope happens is that we get a smart kit, hopefully a jazzy nike or adidas number :clap: Joma's to common at this level, everyone has it :laughcry: :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2018, 10:25:31 PM »
Already excited for next season, local games, new manager, and ground improvements (hopefully). But one thing i hope happens is that we get a smart kit, hopefully a jazzy nike or adidas number :clap: Joma's to common at this level, everyone has it :laughcry: :laughcry:

Probably lots of offers on the table for sponsorship that they could probably run out in Armani?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2018, 09:12:40 PM »
Any updates on Watts happening with our new Manager for next season ?