Author Topic: BBC red button news today.  (Read 2143 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: BBC red button news today.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2018, 05:02:57 PM »
Stan ..... what a leading question.  Where to start on that one? :laughcry:

If I was Ďgivení an asset that I would want it utilised to its full potential.  That pitch at the Walks isnít fit for purpose. So if you are the owner or rather the lease holder it is up to you to remedy the problem.  Use that money you are saving in rent to get the problem sorted.

MARCUS ROSE

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2018, 07:27:16 PM »
i suppose a longer lease, would make the club more desirable when put up for sale.  just hope the council do a good deal for us council tax payers. cant afford  to fritter away the public purse in these testing times.

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2018, 08:10:56 PM »
In my opinion the longer lease would give an asset to borrow against next thing you know you wouldn't see his arse for dust there is no way he's in it for the long haul

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2018, 08:39:32 PM »
This interview was on the Nick Conrad show, it also mentioned that Norwich City have a mixed pitch, plastic/grass, which will be coming up this summer. What would it cost to get the pitch over to Lynn and relay on the walks? No brainer!

Jethro Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2018, 09:38:50 AM »
If I was the chairman and had thousands of pound to Chuck away I would be looking to find land to build a new stadium with capacity for 2 0r 3 pitches to accommodate all teams .You will be chucking away good money to develop the Walks it would only ever be an asset for the Council.

Another point that adds weight to that is, if the club is successful like we all want it to be and we get promoted we will see more crowds like the Slough attendance on a more regular basis and possibly greater crowds. Whilst the Walks Stadium is a great ground and the envy of most non league teams, and has the capacity, how long will it be before it's location becomes a question. Noise, congestion, parking and the threat of bad behaviour.
The odd large crowd at the moment is acceptable to the area, but on a regular basis?
I remember before the club folded last time the volume of the tannoy and music had to be reduced because of complaints. Perhaps why I cant hear it today on the Terraces, but perhaps my old ears aren't working like they used to.  :oldman"

Supporting the Linnets since 1964.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2018, 11:54:54 AM »
This interview was on the Nick Conrad show, it also mentioned that Norwich City have a mixed pitch, plastic/grass, which will be coming up this summer. What would it cost to get the pitch over to Lynn and relay on the walks? No brainer!

Can you get that info to Stephen Cleeve - sounds like a plan. Maybe Ryan jarvis or Simon Lappin have some contacts to talk to?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Linnet01

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2018, 01:35:50 PM »
Gentleman this is pie in the sky I'll be long gone and there will still be grass on the pitch move on  :scarf:

Non League

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »
If I was the chairman and had thousands of pound to Chuck away I would be looking to find land to build a new stadium with capacity for 2 0r 3 pitches to accommodate all teams .You will be chucking away good money to develop the Walks it would only ever be an asset for the Council.

Where would be an ideal move? Central locations in towns for stadiums are so key for non league clubs to maintain resonable attendances. As soon you start moving outside, they can dip and sometimes not recover unless hugely successful, which even then the attendances wouldn't be as high as they may have been before.