Author Topic: Season ticket.  (Read 2697 times)

Blue Moon

• View Profile
Re: Season ticket.
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2018, 11:11:17 AM »
Paulos, in reply to your "there's some massive companies in King's Lynn" here lies what is now and has been for years n years the problem, these massive companies are not what I would call local companies, sure they employ local people with an interest in local things ie Football  but the people that control the purse strings are not from here, maybe not even in this country. Gone are the days when firms had active local social clubs, or "spare" money for local advertising.
I'm sitting here trying to think of a locally owned company that is a major employer in the area who would benefit financially from sponsoring/backing the Linnets but am struggling to think of one.
I know they've folded now but the perfect example of the type of local business connectionI'm talking about is Dr Martens and what was Rushden & Diamonds, a massive company known worldwide employing hundreds of local people owned by a local man. We just do not have that round here.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2018, 02:46:38 PM »
When Max Griggs pulled out of control of RnD look, how they fell off the edge of a cliff. Hardly the best advert for one person having so much control of a Club. Crashed and burned as a club, lost the ground and now back at the ground they started. 

History can teach us many things

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2018, 03:05:41 PM »
Not so sure about that Blue. It would be unfair to name them, but I can think of some decent size companies (certainly big enough to take on Lynn's sponsorship) in Kings Lynn and area, owned by local businessmen and employing local people. Some of these also operate Nationally.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2018, 03:15:28 PM »
I would suggest if there are companies of a decent size with cash on the hip, then Buster Chapmans new man would have been there first. The name Brundle still means a bit in Lynn.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »
15 a ticket will NOT guarantee promotion. Its about the manager and players, the style of play etc, and of course a decent pitch!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2018, 07:05:09 PM »
I don't care how much he charges, won't be getting my money, not that he needs it anyway.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Don't think he wants your money Grissles - he's banned you!  :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2018, 08:32:51 PM »
I don't care how much he charges, won't be getting my money, not that he needs it anyway.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Don't think he wants your money Grissles - he's banned you!  :laughcry: :laughcry:

Good job you pointed that out Mike or I would never have known, maybe this is why he is paying for extra security, just in case I try to sneak in?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2018, 09:11:19 PM »

Good job you pointed that out Mike or I would never have known, maybe this is why he is paying for extra security, just in case I try to sneak in?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

I will pay for extra security to keep you out Grissles :red card: :red card: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2018, 09:23:00 PM »

I will pay for extra security to keep you out Grissles :red card: :red card: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Best go and have a chat with Mr Cleeve, I'm he will welcome your offer to pay for security with open arms, perhaps even mention you in the programme, fame at last.  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!