Author Topic: Michael Gash & Tom Siddons  (Read 2836 times)

True Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Michael Gash & Tom Siddons
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:38:00 PM »
This evening, I had a chat with a current first team player. He informed me that the squad has just returned from a very well deserved holiday, in Benidorm  :bus:

During the conversation, he mentioned that MG has had a very good offer, from another club, in our league. I feel that itís very important to retain his services, if we are to be challenging again next season. His control, heading, awareness and work rate are phenomenal. Iím also confident that his goal tally would increase in the newly formed league.
On a side note, it was also confirmed that Tom Siddons has left the club, which was disappointing to hear. Iím sure we didnít see the best of him, in a Linnets shirt.

The question I pose is - do we break the bank to keep Gashy?

My personal opinion is, yes.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Gash & Tom Siddons
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »
I am a big fan of Michael gash but feel if the club was of a higher standard than us then perhaps push the purse strings slightly, but "why" would he want to move to a similar club in our league, they don't come much bigger than us at this level :dontknow: :scarf:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:32:31 AM »
I would suspect that team would be Royston.

Shame about Siddons, you kind of expected it tho, for whatever reason Culverhouse never gave him a run of games.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 09:11:01 AM »
I suppose it depends where Gashy lives

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 09:29:32 AM »
I suppose it depends where Gashy lives

Peterborough based if I remember correctly

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 01:05:16 PM »
I'm informed that Gash is going to Kettering.

I think you'd have to if you want to match the offer.

RocknGrohl90

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 01:49:12 PM »
I really hope we can keep Gash... especially if weíve already lost Siddons!!! Is it confirmed that Cameron Norman has joined S****horpe? Just a shame to be losing players that were crucial to a strong season!! I also really hope the next manager is on the same level at least as Culverhouse, we canít afford to take second best anymore.
Back to Gash, if we lost him the perfect replacement was Siddons, but losing both?! Who replaces them?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 02:26:55 PM »
I'm informed that Gash is going to Kettering.

I think you'd have to if you want to match the offer.

That would be a bitter blow to take

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 05:21:41 PM »
As disappointing as it is to lose players like Gash, there no way of knowing if IC would have kept him or indeed if Gash would have stayed.  Plus a new Manager will come in with a fresh contact list.  We never found that elusive 20 plus goals a season man. The load was spread. If we can factor in a 20 plus man into the rest we maybe on to something.

Players, Managers and Owners will come and go

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 05:44:51 PM »
As disappointing as it is to lose players like Gash, there no way of knowing if IC would have kept him or indeed if Gash would have stayed.  Plus a new Manager will come in with a fresh contact list.  We never found that elusive 20 plus goals a season man. The load was spread. If we can factor in a 20 plus man into the rest we maybe on to something.

First time I think Iíve agreed with you Mallard. New manager, whoever it maybe, will have his own ideas on players. I donít know for certain but imagine Gash would have been one of the higher earners?

True Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 10:47:36 PM »
I really hope we can keep Gash... especially if weíve already lost Siddons!!! Is it confirmed that Cameron Norman has joined S****horpe? Just a shame to be losing players that were crucial to a strong season!! I also really hope the next manager is on the same level at least as Culverhouse, we canít afford to take second best anymore.
Back to Gash, if we lost him the perfect replacement was Siddons, but losing both?! Who replaces them?

I was informed that Cemeron Norman has joined Oxford United, who finished 16th in Football League One.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 07:37:10 AM »

First time I think Iíve agreed with you Mallard. New manager, whoever it maybe, will have his own ideas on players. I donít know for certain but imagine Gash would have been one of the higher earners?

Itís good Paul that you have finally seen the error of your ways. Now is the time to watch and learn. :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 07:56:43 AM »

Itís good Paul that you have finally seen the error of your ways. Now is the time to watch and learn. :laughcry:

:laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 08:19:37 AM »
Sorry mallard but...... :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2018, 08:32:22 AM »

Donít worry Mallard, I have no intention of making it a regular thing!!