Author Topic: Pitch.  (Read 2814 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Pitch.
« on: May 15, 2018, 06:00:16 PM »
Anyone know if work has started on the pitch yet? 2 miles of drainage pipe to be laid, don't want to be hanging about?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Pitch.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 07:39:30 PM »
What do you care???

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 07:50:18 PM »
What do you care???

Why should I not care, just because Boycie has banned me does not mean that I don't care about the club I have supported all my life!  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2018, 11:31:08 AM »
The machinery is there ready to start Monday as promised, just waiting for somebody to moan about the tractors being the wrong colour or something else trivial.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2018, 12:25:26 PM »
Nice to see it is happening, and great that the groundsman is posting it and keeping people up to date.  :cheers:

Paddygray

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 07:34:58 PM »
Nice to see it is happening, and great that the groundsman is posting it and keeping people up to date.  :cheers:
Mr Grissles, you have only posted 60% of this thread, raise your game. Although to your credit you are trying to stir the pot as usual, keep up the good work.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 08:38:59 PM »
Mr Grissles, you have only posted 60% of this thread, raise your game. Although to your credit you are trying to stir the pot as usual, keep up the good work.

I do like to see positive things happening.  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

RocknGrohl90

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 10:01:13 AM »
I must admit, from looking at the pitch on the highlights from the fakenham friendly, the pitch still isnít in good condition. The ball was bobbling all over the place... anyone know if thereís still work to do on it?

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 02:21:21 PM »
Have to agree 90. There appeared to be some very thin patches. If all the repair work has indeed been completed I foresee problems ahead.  :scarf: :scarf:

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 06:25:31 PM »
Don't forget the VERY dry weather will not help the pitch, only so much you can do at a lower level when weather is like this so bobbles are always going to look a lot worse. Once weather balances out, you'll see the pitch improve. Most important part is later Autumn/winter when it usually rips up.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »
Barely bobbled tonight, obviously struggling abit with the weather in areas. Only thing that worried me where the divets from the drainage being installed looked bad but we are a month away from the start of the season!

Much better state than last season.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 10:56:14 PM »
Barely bobbled tonight, obviously struggling abit with the weather in areas. Only thing that worried me where the divets from the drainage being installed looked bad but we are a month away from the start of the season!

Much better state than last season.

Need a good heavy roller over the pitch,emphasis on the new drainage trenches. :dontknow:

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
I sat in the main stand last night, and I thought the pitch looked awful. You can see the trench lines where pipes have been laid? Some o f these areas are bald of grass and there are 2 which go across the penalty area at he hospital end, which looked deep, in fact , one or two players went down in the trenches! We need some water on it and a roller, and give it time to bed in and grow.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 10:15:41 AM »
Thought Groundsman has done a remarkable job considering its only month since pipes were laid and reeseeded.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2018, 11:29:18 AM »
I'm afraid that is the downside of having such lovely weather, no rain to settle the pitch and feed the grass,groundsman will probably curse when it does,more cutting required. A few weeks yet until the start of the season,so hopefully all settled by then.Can we order the rain for days I'm working please? :watching: :glum: :oldman" :cheers: