Author Topic: Pitch.  (Read 2477 times)

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
Re: Pitch.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2018, 02:34:53 PM »
 :oldman" Rome was not built in a day, give the pitch time to bed in, playing on it is not really good but I accept Norwich at home is a big pre season coup,so needs must, but Fakenham at home I have to question. I wish to say well done to our new groundsman. I think the pitch will look a lot different once it has had a rain on it.
Ps. Before people slate me and say we can water the pitch,yes this is true but it is not the same as a good steady rain, this allows the ground to take up the moisture as opposed to running off the surface . :farmer:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2018, 02:38:38 PM »
:oldman" Rome was not built in a day, give the pitch time to bed in, playing on it is not really good but I accept Norwich at home is a big pre season coup,so needs must, but Fakenham at home I have to question. I wish to say well done to our new groundsman. I think the pitch will look a lot different once it has had a rain on it.
Ps. Before people slate me and say we can water the pitch,yes this is true but it is not the same as a good steady rain, this allows the ground to take up the moisture as opposed to running off the surface . :farmer:

Good thing with rain is it is constant all over the pitch and not done in patches.
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Dazzarugby65

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2018, 10:40:19 AM »
 :farmer: My point exactly, you can not replicate genuine rain. :oldman"

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2018, 11:57:18 AM »
:farmer: My point exactly, you can not replicate genuine rain. :oldman"

Not to mention the natural nutrients in the rain  :oldman". Oops, I mentioned the natural nutrients in the rain  :banghead;  :nilpoints:  :red card:  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.