Author Topic: Health and Safety at the Walks.  (Read 916 times)

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Health and Safety at the Walks.
« on: May 16, 2018, 07:50:11 PM »
Its interesting that some of the Stewards are leaving, and also their training has come into question. I was trying to remember the last time we had a fire drill. At least 5 years ago, it was after a match, those seated went down the front stairs ,gates where opened (no gates now) and you made you way across the pitch away from the WOODEN stand and out of  the gates behind the goal at the Tennyson end. I wonder if the council are aware that there seems to be little interest by the club in protecting their property. Also the birds mess in the main stand is disgusting and you should not have to sit amongst it.  Its a council property so they should sort the mess out. As for the fire drill, come on SC train up the stewards, god help us if there is a fire. Remember Bradford City.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Health and Safety at the Walks.
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 08:10:57 PM »
I was of the understanding that Mr Cleeve would be bringing in a security company, true or not I don't know? Maybe that could be part of their remit, could certainly do with testing the system, not even heard a fire alarm check?  :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Westlandallstar

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 01:42:21 AM »
Most of the stewards are leaving for different reasons. The head steward is leaving because of work commitments others are leaving for other reasons. Myself, I'm.leaving because a) im not working under anybody else. B) the constant stick from people who either have nothing better to do than moan about what us stewards Do or people who wouldn't do it themselves. C) the chairman couldn't give a crap about what the stewards ask for. For example, the Hereford match the head steward asked for it to be segregated but was completely ignored by the chairman. The same happened against Weymouth in the playoffs. But hey it's not the chairman who got the grief from it. D) The new security company, most of them haven't got a bloody clue, Things which they want to change for next year are completely bonkers and simply won't work. One thing they want to change is they want no supporters standing on the bit in front of the steps behind the Tennyson road goal...... segregating the ground in half. Closing bits of the ground off if they don't have people In them or enough people in the ground to warrent them being used (the north stand mainly) And that's just some of the things. Lastly the thing that completely made my mind up is the fact that against slough in the final it was us the volunteers and the police sorting it out whilst the badged and paid stewards were pulling each other out and doing nothing. So good luck next year because you'll need it. It's been a pleasure serving you all but enough is enough now!

maxi64

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 01:35:33 PM »
i agree with everything westlandallstar has said i am also a steward who has left but it is for health reasons not because of the training. i was willing to do it we all were. but after i was hit in the face by one of our own supporters at the weymouth game enough is a enough for me i will be back as a supporter