Author Topic: Brief Update on the Club from Cleeve  (Read 6038 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Brief Update on the Club from Cleeve
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2018, 03:24:30 PM »

We do not operate with large boards or committees so decision-making takes minutes not days and you will be empowered with all the support that you need to make the team successful.

So this was said a few weeks ago, what has changed?  :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2018, 05:02:30 PM »
With my devil's advocate hat on Gris, I cannot see where Cleeve contradicts his quick decision approach.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2018, 05:11:34 PM »
Big shoes to fill, big decisions for Cleeve to make. I hope he gets it right.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2018, 07:05:50 PM »

We do not operate with large boards or committees so decision-making takes minutes not days and you will be empowered with all the support that you need to make the team successful.

So this was said a few weeks ago, what has changed?  :dontknow:

Stop being so negative Grissles  :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :yellow card:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2018, 07:10:42 PM »
"Despite rumours ... only Cameron Norman has left the Club".

"During the conversation, he mentioned that MG has had a very good offer, from another club, in our league. I feel that it’s very important to retain his services, if we are to be challenging again next season. His control, heading, awareness and work rate are phenomenal. I’m also confident that his goal tally would increase in the newly formed league.
On a side note, it was also confirmed that Tom Siddons has left the club, which was disappointing to hear. I’m sure we didn’t see the best of him, in a Linnets shirt."

So, has Tom Siddons left or not?

I hope not!
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2018, 12:27:57 AM »
Agree about Gash.Superb all season.Even when he was having an off game he still put in a shift.Even more valuable when the pitch deteriorated and we had to go more direct,getting us up the pitch.I think his unselfish attitude was probably one of the reasons his goal tally was not higher.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2018, 10:03:03 AM »
Re Siddons - didn’t see the best of him? Probably the best goals-to-minutes ratio of any Lynn player since Robbie Harris. I was always told he’s better as an impact player, but he generally did make an impact. A great shame he was only brought on against Slough when it was too late, despite the fact we created little else in the second half.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
MG did well for us in several games, but players known for “work rate” or “putting in a shift” don’t generally win games or leagues.  To improve our chances of winning the new league we need a manager who aspires to create a team that possess the quick and slippery qualities that we saw from the Slough team.

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2018, 04:24:58 PM »
Hereford did not not have that.They had a big lad up top and their slippery forwards didn't get a look in at our place in the league.Gash provided numerous assists As well.Slough also relied heavily on Floods aerial presence all season.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2018, 06:02:24 PM »
Hereford did not not have that.They had a big lad up top and their slippery forwards didn't get a look in at our place in the league.Gash provided numerous assists As well.Slough also relied heavily on Floods aerial presence all season.

Same could be said for Kettering. In our games against them it was largely hoof the ball forward and rely on the pace of their forwards, particularly O’Connor. Weymouth were the side that I felt actually tried to play passing football on the deck. Could have been a very different semi final with their two early chances, before we stopped their two big threats (Goodship and Baggie) playing.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2018, 06:07:43 PM »
Regarding Gash, would have been good if players like Hawkins “gambled” off his flicks a little bit more. Ryan would have had the pace to get in behind defenders. Gash was always capable of winning a ball in the air. Slough tried at all costs to stop him in the play off final.

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »
And succeeded, before bringing on a side-stepper who almost immediately won the game.  I remember Del Bosque, the former Spain manager being asked by one of our pundits why he didn’t have a big striker “up top”.  He replied that he had 6 strikers - the three in midfield and the three up front ! .....

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2018, 08:15:06 PM »
The Slough manager said Gash was magnificent in the games against them and he did head the ball across for our opening goal.

Loopy,linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2018, 09:23:11 PM »
 :bus: great decision by Cleeve selling grissles to Wisbech