Author Topic: Simon Clark and Sam G  (Read 5472 times)

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
Simon Clark and Sam G
« on: May 23, 2018, 11:42:41 AM »
New management team
Make every day a Sun day.

m a hill

• View Profile
Re: Simon Clark and Sam G
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2018, 12:15:38 PM »
Welcome to kings Lynn Simon

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2018, 12:20:11 PM »
Big build up, no big name.
Welcome to the club Simon. :scarf:

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2018, 12:34:30 PM »
What do we know about Simon Clark then?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2018, 12:55:06 PM »
See the home page LS.

Big build up Jesus ? All the club said was they were making an announcement, people ask to be kept informed which is what happened, SC just can't do anything right in some people's eyes

Personally I think it's a good appointment, he has experience as a player and a coach, appears to have good contacts within the game both locally and further afield, I'm looking forward to what he can bring to the club. He came across very well in the live interview imo and I think we as fans will be kept in contact with much more than we were with the previous manager. Let's not knock him until he's given a chance to prove himself both with players he brings in, retains, and his style of football.

Conference here we come (hopefully)
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »
I can't remember him at Lynn, must have on my travels at the time.!

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2018, 01:09:07 PM »
Needs to be given a chance. Certainly well qualified in respect of coaching qualifications and remember in the 90s when he first played here was a brilliant centre back. Sam is local lad and would not be surprised if a number of last year's squad were his introductions.They might be cheaper options or was last year expensive option.Good luck to them.

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2018, 01:10:29 PM »
He was a good player.Pretty composed but the jury is out managerial wise.Did ok at Worksop but when Cleeve said the fans will be pleased I was anticipating something bigger.

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
See the home page LS.

Thanks - that wasn't up earlier.

Looks to have a diverse CV with a range of experience. The fact he has spent a lot of time as Coach means he fits into the IC mould quite well, and perhaps having spent lots of time at League 2 level (Lincoln) he will have a better grip on the reality of the game at Non-League.

My main concern is his ability to attract players - hopefully between him and SG they will be able to assemble a decent squad of local-ish players.

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2018, 01:36:17 PM »
Think underwhelmed sums it up pretty well, after the highs of last season seems crazy that Lappin isn't included in the set up somewhere, perhaps he was seen by SC as being too close to the previous manager?  Talking to someone at work this lunchtime both our plans of purchasing season tickets for next season hav been put on hold pending what sort of squad is assembled - lets hope SC&SG build on what we had this season and don't just start with a blank sheet of paper

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2018, 01:48:44 PM »
 :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2018, 02:21:11 PM »
Looking forward to the media interviews then we may get to know a bit more of their plans,that's if our esteemed media did some interviews.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2018, 03:43:24 PM »
Hopefully won't be too long before new players arrive.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2018, 04:19:34 PM »
Seem to recall Clark had a spell as Manager in charge at Stamford. How successful was that, anyone know ?  Seem to recall he had a certain Ricky Miller there.  Now if Clark has a good relationship there maybe he could tempt him, with the right offer.

Nigel1505

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2018, 04:22:55 PM »
Doesn't seem to have stayed anywhere for more than ten minutes.  :dirtbike: