Author Topic: Simon Clark and Sam G  (Read 5573 times)

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
Re: Simon Clark and Sam G
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 05:01:24 PM »
Was manager at Worksop
Currently coaching at Charlton (was)

Played for lynn in the days of Day and Farrow.
Was a good player who went on to play for Hendon, Orient, Stevenage and P'boro.

My Mrs says best looking player Lynn ever had.

Would say comes in same mould as Culverhouse. Time will tell regards results etc etc.

Regards Lappin not being incuded. Did he want to be? Not seen his interest reported anywhere. Other than IC saying could do the job.

Keep it balanced lads.
Give time. No one makes signings at this time. IC first signing was someone I forgotten from March or Chatteris.
Others were gathered as season approached.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 06:22:16 PM »
Very impressed by the interview, seems that we will play a high pressing style of football whilst keeping it on the floor when in possession.

Got the impression that he expects the nucleus of the squad to stick together whilst adding a few new faces in.

He named Blake Tracy who is currently out of contract so expecting him to stay.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 06:44:42 PM »
What interview please?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 07:25:28 PM »
In the kings Lynn supporters Facebook group

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 08:48:52 PM »
thanks and agree he comes across ok.
Interesting Sam is not coming as a player aswell.

Ap

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 09:30:41 PM »
Nice name check for his boss during his first spell at Lynn, Alan Day  :oldman"

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2018, 10:18:51 AM »
After losing two strikers, and the need to really sign a goalscorer, I do wonder if Clark will use his connections with P'Boro and tempt the club (and player himself) to get Stevens on loan. Scored a good amount at Kettering, and if Evans doesn't feel he's good enough for a promotion push, then he could be out on loan again. Gash and Stevens reuniting as a strike partnership (unsure if they actually played together much at Barnet) could be what delivers the title.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2018, 07:02:08 PM »
Hopefully won't be too long before new players arrive.
Four out none in does not inspire confidence!

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2018, 09:07:13 PM »
Four out none in is exactly what you would expect when a key manager ups and leaves. The new Manager has only just arrived.....give him a few days to get to chat to the existing squad qnd then a few weeks to source new players !!!!!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2018, 10:28:38 PM »
Hopefully won't be too long before new players arrive.
Four out none in does not inspire confidence!

It actually does inspire confidence from me. It shows he hasn't just brought his mates with him, and is waiting to meet the squad, until he adds to it.

Now if there is still no signings by the end of June, then I'd be worried, but for now, a bit of patience by the manager is something I view as a positive.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2018, 09:06:53 AM »
There's obviously a lot of anxiety from fans about what the future holds after the exciting if anti-climactic end to last season. Culverhouse is a coach who has proven himself at a very high professional level and we were incredibly lucky to get him - quite a coup by Cleeve to have pulled that one out of the hat.

Personally, I will reserve judgement on the new managerial team until about ten games into next season, at which point we may be able to see how the side is shaping up. Clark was first team coach at league one Charlton, amongst other respectable items on his CV and I am sure that if we hadn't been spoiled by having Culverhouse we would be welcoming him with open arms.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2018, 09:22:07 AM »
Good post Stan.  You are right we were spoilt with Culverhouse.  However thatís where the Chairman set the bar (not the fans).  I really thought we were into building something for the future with Culverhouse. 

You are are also right about Clark having a good position at Charlton which he then moved from to do what at Notts County ? Didnít appear to be an upward or indeed sideways move.  Now he has left Step 3 of the Pro game to drop down to Step 3 of the Non League.

10 games seems very fair to assess what Mr Cleeve has gambled on with Clark.

Stan

• Gary Brown
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2018, 09:33:11 AM »
I have had the same thoughts as you Mallard about Clark's CV: his moves do raise a few questions but we know nothing about the reason for his departure from Charlton and even if the reason was that he couldn't cut it at that level, it doesn't mean that he can't cut it at Step 3. You can learn a lot from things that go wrong and if that is why Clark left Charlton then he may have grown as a coach as a result.

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2018, 01:29:45 PM »
If you are going to question why Clark has dropped down from league football why did Culverhouse drop from the Premiership to us why was he suspended from Aston Villa.If you listened to both of their interviews when they joined us you will see they both want to get into management,

Blue_and_Gold

• Independent Moderator
  • Holden Caulfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2018, 04:48:11 PM »
If you are going to question why Clark has dropped down from league football why did Culverhouse drop from the Premiership to us why was he suspended from Aston Villa.If you listened to both of their interviews when they joined us you will see they both want to get into management,

I think it was fair to say that IC moving into the number 1 spot at Lynn, rather than being no 2 at his previous job, was a step up for him. Others may disagree.  :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!