Author Topic: Ian Culverhouse.  (Read 3335 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Ian Culverhouse.
« on: May 30, 2018, 08:11:25 PM »
Appointed at Grantham. :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Re: Ian Culverhouse.
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 08:15:03 PM »
Very bizarre, expecting to loose maybe a couple more now  :dontknow:

Harry the Painter

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »
Grantham Town with an average gate of 260 odd. Lappin will be the next announcement by the Gingerbreads.  :welcome:
Can't see anyone else following personally - hopefully  :oldman"  :scarf:

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2018, 10:14:10 PM »
Not sure if they need Gash, Luke Shaw netted 29 times for them last season...like Lynn they lost in the play off final. It's a tough old league that one. More difficult to play a pure passing game.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2018, 10:25:26 PM »
And there we were all thinking Culverhouse had ambitions to progress his career, maybe just maybe his ambitions weren't as high as our  Chairmans, hence the disagreements
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2018, 07:02:30 AM »
IC may have decided that he and SC could not resolve differences and so was not happy working at Lynn.

If you were unhappy with your employer, would you not look for a new job.

Also, he may be getting more money!

:dontknow:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2018, 07:38:32 AM »
No one really knows what went on behind the scenes between Culverhouse and Cleeve: six of one and half a dozen of another no doubt. I don't care if Gash goes, quite honestly. I want to see players and a management team that are committed to Kings Lynn FC. If almost 3,000 supporters cannot convince some of these players that this club is worth staying with and fighting for then good riddance, quite frankly, unless, of course it is to move up to a higher level like Norman.

bobdunk

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2018, 08:20:59 AM »
No one really knows what went on behind the scenes between Culverhouse and Cleeve: six of one and half a dozen of another no doubt. I don't care if Gash goes, quite honestly. I want to see players and a management team that are committed to Kings Lynn FC. If almost 3,000 supporters cannot convince some of these players that this club is worth staying with and fighting for then good riddance, quite frankly, unless, of course it is to move up to a higher level like Norman.
Very well said STAN totally agree

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2018, 08:50:35 AM »
Culverhouse going to Grantham says one thing to me...... There is a lot of quality managers who must be out of work.  I think I read Grantham had 20 applicants for the post which was whittled down to 6 of which IC was the man who came out on top.

It will be interesting to track how Grantham progress next season. 

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:10:30 AM »
Culverhouse going to Grantham says one thing to me...... There is a lot of quality managers who must be out of work.  I think I read Grantham had 20 applicants for the post which was whittled down to 6 of which IC was the man who came out on top.

If IC can work the same magic at Grantham as he did at Lynn nobody will complain, but he has got to motivate a tam playing in front of a crowd that averages 260 instead of a crowd that averages 780? :dontknow:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2018, 10:30:28 AM »

If IC can work the same magic at Grantham as he did at Lynn nobody will complain, but he has got to motivate a tam playing in front of a crowd that averages 260 instead of a crowd that averages 780? :dontknow:

Money will motivate them.

Going to take something special to win that league, even with higher spending. South Shields I'd be confident of being top 3, before some of the more bigger northern sides that are located in very good catchment areas for higher caliber players. Grantham will need to utilise the Nottingham area fully.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2018, 11:58:18 AM »
will have to be money as I don't see anyone being motivated playing in the middle of an athletics track.

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2018, 01:32:25 PM »
What this appointment tells me is that Culverhouse didn't leave because he had something lined up as many of us suspected. He didn't leave to work at a higher level, or to chase more money (Probably). He left because he couldn't get on with the Chairman.

This concerns me, as if someone can have such a successful season, and yet feel that he simply cannot work under someone, are we going to become a revolving door club, where we are lucky if a manager stays for the season, making continuity almost impossible to achieve. And as SC has mentioned himself, repeatedly in his programme notes, though he has fairly deep pockets, his cup doesn't runneth over. Thus, requiring some level of stability, as we simply cannot buy our way to success, like Flyde or Billericay have done previously.

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2018, 02:40:42 PM »
Good riddance to Culverhouse and his pompous whinging, lets get behind the chairman/ managers/ players and hope for a productive season, fingers crossed we hold on to gash.....yes "stan" gash, who turned out to be a monster up front and hopefully returns now fitter with a few goals, and also blake-tracey/ and Cameron king, then with a couple more quality lads added I can see us enjoying a better campaign than the season past..... :scarf:

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2018, 03:02:32 PM »
What the Culverhouse appointment at Grantham tells me is that he couldn't get anywhere higher and had to settle for Step 3.

We need to get over the Culverhouse departure and move on.

From what I've heard, his coaching was of the highest qulaity but his management was questionable: what impact did bleating about the state of the pitch have on the players I wonder? Those sorts of things get inside players heads and when the chips are down cause self-doubt and a negative mindset. With the "We can't play our best football on a hard pitch" mentality, who's to say that this didn't start to weigh on the players' minds when struggling against Slough? What manager, worth his salt, would come out in public and state that he was leaving a club just before a critical end of season period? Clearly one who puts his own interests before the club: the players and supporters. I wonder how much this factor also got into the players heads when struggling against Slough?

In some ways we were spoilt to have someone of the calibre of Culverhouse but his behaviour in relation to the pitch and the public statement about leaving suggests that he puts his own needs first and is maybe a bit precious. Perhaps Culverhouse was the problem and not Cleeve.