Author Topic: Ian Culverhouse.  (Read 3579 times)

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Ian Culverhouse.
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2018, 03:09:39 PM »
Good riddance to Culverhouse and his pompous whinging, lets get behind the chairman/ managers/ players and hope for a productive season, fingers crossed we hold on to gash.....yes "stan" gash, who turned out to be a monster up front and hopefully returns now fitter with a few goals, and also blake-tracey/ and Cameron king, then with a couple more quality lads added I can see us enjoying a better campaign than the season past..... :scarf:

We both seem to agree about Culverhouse but you misunderstand my point about Gash. Of course, I would like him to stay but if he doesn't then he is clearly not committed to Kings Lynn in the way that someone like Ryan Fryatt is committed and so... on yer bike my son. I only referenced Gash as an illustration about attitudes as some feel that he might leave the club. He is probably the most committed player in the squad and has no intention of leaving.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2018, 03:32:48 PM »
You are right Stan, Culverhouse has gone and as sad it is ( for some)  It is right and proper to move on.   I am sure some will compare what our new guy does this season to what Culverhouse did last.... Its human nature to do that, But remember IC had a few months at the end of the previous season to plan his 'attack'  but he certainly did 'hit' the summer recruitment hard.  The new man of course does have a decent squad that he has inherited, so he does have that advantage over Culverhouse. Plus I am sure he will be hard it improving it once he returns from his Holiday.  Then again Simon does have an assistant to keep things moving on.  ne thing Ian Culverhouse never felt he needed or indeed wanted.   Each to their own

When does half term end ? 

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2018, 03:48:41 PM »
Half-term ends tomorrow Mallard. Why do you ask?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2018, 03:59:18 PM »
Players with young family's, end of the season, chance of a quick get away.  Once its over and players are back then we might see activity in terms of signings etc....

Think Your days of half term are well behind you Stan  :laughcry:  Then again who knows with people.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2018, 09:17:47 PM »
Good riddance to Culverhouse and his pompous whinging, lets get behind the chairman/ managers/ players and hope for a productive season, fingers crossed we hold on to gash.....yes "stan" gash, who turned out to be a monster up front and hopefully returns now fitter with a few goals, and also blake-tracey/ and Cameron king, then with a couple more quality lads added I can see us enjoying a better campaign than the season past..... :scarf:

Personally I think we'll be lucky to see any of that trio next season at the walks....but then I maybe wrong.... :dontknow:

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2018, 10:40:06 AM »
No-one else to leave and two-three added inc a proven goalscorer is the word on the street :cheers: But the main obstacle will 100% be the agm next week concerning the Nuneaton affair and us possibly being used as a makeweight for a move :banghead; fingers/legs crossed!!

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2018, 12:01:32 PM »
No-one else to leave and two-three added inc a proven goalscorer is the word on the street :cheers:

Alex Simmons?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2018, 01:17:40 PM »
No-one else to leave and two-three added inc a proven goalscorer is the word on the street :cheers: But the main obstacle will 100% be the agm next week concerning the Nuneaton affair and us possibly being used as a makeweight for a move :banghead; fingers/legs crossed!!

:cheers: well here's hoping you're right

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »
Who is Alex Simmons ?

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2018, 08:04:35 PM »
But a recent rumour is that Pedro (Alex Street) is following IC to Grantham.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 04:45:36 PM »
IC must wonder what has hit him.
Some of last season's players have followed the previous manager to Coalville while his goalkeeper, Kieran Preston, has gone to Basford for £10k and his leading scorer from last season, Lee Shaw, is supposedly talking terms with Boston United.
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 05:41:52 PM »
Last pre-season Culverhouse brought in

Norman
Blake-Tracey
Frary
Parker
Jarvis
Whayman
Siddons
Gash
Gillies

All to a West Norfolk Club.   Now that didn’t turn out to Shabby

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 05:50:47 PM »
I think the biggest hurdle we face in attracting players I geography, as the budget proved last season we can offer the right money. So if other clubs offer slightly less but with less travel it makes a big difference.  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!