Author Topic: Mr Cleeve  (Read 2195 times)

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
Mr Cleeve
« on: June 04, 2018, 04:48:06 PM »
All chairmen get stick. Goes with the territory.
However some of the stick SC gets seems a little harsh. As I have posted before, I am sure he agrees he has scored a few own goals.

So I pose this question:-

"Within realms of possibility, what are your top three wishes from SC"

Make them realistic and doable. Please support suggestions with expected outcomes and results. Evidence of results elsewhere would be good.

Over to you.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Mr Cleeve
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
All chairmen get stick. Goes with the territory.
However some of the stick SC gets seems a little harsh. As I have posted before, I am sure he agrees he has scored a few own goals.

So I pose this question:-

"Within realms of possibility, what are your top three wishes from SC"

Make them realistic and doable. Please support suggestions with expected outcomes and results. Evidence of results elsewhere would be good.

Over to you.

More interaction with the fans, not just select forums for FOTL and season ticket holders. Buster Setch and the team were always in the bar after a game, both home and away, made the fans feel more a part of the club.

Make FOTL a proper fan/social club and make use of the the club bar, works at other clubs, put up the price of membership. Also let us see a constitution for FOTL and proper elections for the committee.

Try to do something with the club bar to make it an attractive place to drink on match day, out with the aged look, a fresh coat of paint for a start, brighten it up. And maybe look at the pricing and choice of beers, and dare I mention the glasses, there is a campaign at the moment to stop sports venues using plastic glasses, cups and straws, looking at reusable cups /glasses or eco friendly cardboard or plastic. On match day it is common knowledge that all surrounding pubs are cheaper and with a better selection?
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 05:21:07 PM »
Good points well made.

Do you think that having two bars, as such, dilutes the atmosphere?

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 05:23:46 PM »
P.S
I do like taking my beer to the terrace, so glass is out of the question.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2018, 05:25:32 PM »
Good points well made.

Do you think that having two bars, as such, dilutes the atmosphere?

I think the hub should just be a cafe, all alcoholic drinks in the bar, this would speed up the queue for tea and soft drinks in the hub. Also need to make sure that the bar is adequately staffed.
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2018, 05:27:26 PM »
P.S
I do like taking my beer to the terrace, so glass is out of the question.

Do what they do at other clubs, glass inside, plastic outside.  :cheers:

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 10:28:11 PM »
Not many with ideas

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2018, 10:43:35 PM »
Not many with ideas

Because nothing gets done! :dontknow:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 08:57:34 AM »
For me a lot more could be done media wise, not that the guys doing it already arenít doing a great job. Would love to see more interviews with players coaches people around the club. Match highlights.

Just abit more about whatís going on behind closed doors

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »
Sure Linnet there could be a lot more that the Media Team at The Club Could do.  I think we have to accept that these people also have full time jobs and there is only so much time they have to give. 

Would a full time Media/PR person be self funding by increasing the profile of the Club is open to debate.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2018, 09:59:46 AM »
To be self funding based on attendance numbers alone he/ she would need to draw 150 extra paying customers per game, every game through the season, 150 doesn't sound a large number but it's an increase of 20% and to get a sales of 20 % in any industry in this day and age would be a massive achievement. (All figures approximate, )
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2018, 12:01:14 PM »
RPC did it in figures released today and their share price fell by 10%... 

Just goes to show....Big Turnover Figures only tell part of the story.

Turnover for Vanity.... Profit for Sanity.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
correct Mr Mallard

I have one thing that probably would wrap a lot of "things"

When you are investing the money that Mr Cleeve is and Buster before, you would want to make sure you are the one pulling the strings. I truly get that and would be no differant.

However, Mr C needs to find a way of getting supporters on his side. With input that is valued, debated and actioned upon when all agree the need and business sense. This will help Mr C with workload, PR and cost. I say cost, if supporters are feeling valued for their voice they are more likely to give time to help. Quite often for FREE.

My hope would be that all parties would then all be rowing together.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2018, 01:03:27 PM »
The problem is LU, with a single owner and No real board of directors this Club of 'OURS'  could be heading down a very deep hole and no one would really know it until it happened.

On one hand we all want to see a successful Kings Lynn Football Club playing at a high standard. 

On the other hand we need to know its sustainable and can be supported going forward.  How many Businessmen of any ilk can see the sense in a business losing money year upon year. 

Maybe fans like to bury their heads in the sand and not think about the future, but many do.  Let us never forget what happened in 2008 and the fallout from that.

I do wonder with the FA that they allow one single person to have total control over a football with no real board of directors. What happened to the fit and proper idea ?

I really would like to see Mr Cleeve bring in other investors so that the Club is in a less vulnerable position.  Also Maybe a supporters group given buying a seat on the board.  It matters not if it the Friends or the Trust.  Just a pair of eyes who can see what is going on.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2018, 02:00:52 PM »
If it is right or wrong, seems common in non-league football. Even in League football, the owners become dictators regardless of puppet boards.

We have a long history of tittering on the edge and going over it.
KLFC 1979 ltd saved the club

Dolimore era

Merlin Saddleton

Bobbins

etc

Sad fact of football and the gap between rich and poor.