Author Topic: Gash and Blake Tracy  (Read 2295 times)

Linnet1993

• View Profile
Gash and Blake Tracy
« on: June 06, 2018, 07:14:38 PM »
Both back in Lynn shirts next season. Massive news and a huge statement from the Owner and Manager.

Next step Cameron King hopefully!

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Gash and Blake Tracy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 07:31:06 PM »
Great news having those 2 back.  Now wanna see who is coming in to replace the likes of Norman and Lappin, 2 massive sets of boots to fill.

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 05:52:48 AM »
Both back in Lynn shirts next season. Massive news and a huge statement from the Owner and Manager.

"back" - where have they been?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 07:06:19 AM »
 :hide:

"back" - where have they been?

Back in Lynn shirts as opposed to going somewhere else? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 07:25:11 AM »
Brilliant news on the two staying put :clap: going to miss normans  foraging down the flanks but, will be a better side with a proper "FULL BACK" who defends first..... as for lappin a very decent player, but very replaceable..with king adding his name along with rossi Jarvis it will be a fruitful campaign, but what league :dontknow:

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2018, 09:01:25 AM »
As good as Norman was on his day, he did sometimes run down blind allies and was very one footed.
He also stifled Hawkins wing play.
Could be an opportunity for Hawkins to shine, supported by another Blake Tracey style defender.

One name that does seem missing from the "must keep list" is Clunnan. He is the man that makes things tick and sets tempo.
 Badly missed v Slough.

Other piece of jigsaw is that 20 + season goal scorer to play of Gash.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 09:24:31 AM »
As good as Norman was on his day, he did sometimes run down blind allies and was very one footed.
He also stifled Hawkins wing play.
Could be an opportunity for Hawkins to shine, supported by another Blake Tracey style defender.

One name that does seem missing from the "must keep list" is Clunnan. He is the man that makes things tick and sets tempo.
 Badly missed v Slough.

Other piece of jigsaw is that 20 + season goal scorer to play of Gash.

Clunan is under contract signed a 2 year deal last season.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 10:28:08 AM »
Come on guys lets not start to dis a player now that he has left.   Oxford deem him good enough to play League football.   Are people seriously suggesting that the lad wont be missed  ?  Massive boots to fill IMO.  Id rather read about what Norman did for us, not what people think he couldn't do.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 11:59:53 AM »
Come on guys lets not start to dis a player now that he has left.   Oxford deem him good enough to play League football.   Are people seriously suggesting that the lad wont be missed  ?  Massive boots to fill IMO.  Id rather read about what Norman did for us, not what people think he couldn't do.

Totally agree Mallard.
Would have been my player of the season, if we had one!

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 12:19:49 PM »

Totally agree Mallard.
Would have been my player of the season, if we had one!
Great news re Gash and Fraser , also totally agree with Jesus Linnet re Cameron would definetly have been my player of the year. A real asset to any team

birch95

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 12:32:04 PM »
Mallard slightly disagree, I was one who raved about norman many times during the season but also pointed out the entire season of his lack of defensive capabilities.  superb wing-back yes--right full back no.... having said that I really hope he does well as a pro :clap:

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 01:06:36 PM »
Birch, I hope we find one 80% as good for this coming season.    Good to not all agree on things.  I know what you are saying about defensive duties, but think he more than compensated for that his support and creation of the front player/s, not to mention his goals.

I guess in a 4-4-2 line-up Im sure that some would say that Ronaldo doesn't track back  :laughcry:  Or That Messi isn't that strong in the air.  :countingmoney:

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2018, 01:58:11 PM »
Felt Hawkins biggest issue last season was that he didn’t fit Culverhouse’s formation. I think he’s a true winger.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2018, 04:01:20 PM »
Is Hawkins in or out of contract ?   I thought we had him on a 2 year deal after signing 2 years back under Setch.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2018, 04:23:55 PM »
Is Hawkins in or out of contract ?   I thought we had him on a 2 year deal after signing 2 years back under Setch.

In on 3 year I believe