Author Topic: Gash and Blake Tracy  (Read 2026 times)

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Gash and Blake Tracy
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2018, 05:09:45 PM »

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2018, 05:43:54 PM »
:hide:
Both back in Lynn shirts next season. Massive news and a huge statement from the Owner and Manager.

Next step Cameron King hopefully!

"back" - where have they been?

Apart from the odd exception, most of the Lynn squad from last season will be with Lynn for the next. I mean, why wouldn't they?

Back in Lynn shirts as opposed to going somewhere else? :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 05:46:28 PM »
Apart from the odd exception, most of the Lynn squad from last season will be with Lynn for the next. Those that suggest that otherwise are just scare-mongering.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2018, 06:02:38 PM »
Apart from the odd exception, most of the Lynn squad from last season will be with Lynn for the next. Those that suggest that otherwise are just scare-mongering.

Nobody had really suggested otherwise,some were just concerned about the lack of news concerning who had signed! Nothing to see,move on ! :coffee:
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2018, 06:13:42 PM »

Nobody had really suggested otherwise,some were just concerned about the lack of news concerning who had signed! Nothing to see,move on ! :coffee:

That's good to hear because when Mallard said

"Great news hey Hill....

2 down 16 to go."

I though he meant that only two had signed on for next season  - that was the topic of the thread after all - and I thought this was putting a negative spin on the new manager's tenure, perhaps suggesting a lack of confidence in him, but I'm glad that I was wrong about that.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2018, 06:29:26 PM »
Please donít get me wrong. A very good player. But looking for the positive that can come from his departure

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2018, 06:36:11 PM »
As good as Norman was on his day, he did sometimes run down blind allies and was very one footed.
He also stifled Hawkins wing play.
Could be an opportunity for Hawkins to shine, supported by another Blake Tracey style defender.

One name that does seem missing from the "must keep list" is Clunnan. He is the man that makes things tick and sets tempo.
 Badly missed v Slough.

Other piece of jigsaw is that 20 + season goal scorer to play of Gash.

I agree that Norman compromised Hawkins' performances: they often wanted to take up the same spaces and you're dead right about Clunan - he came on loads last season: a key player for sure. Jarvis often used to supply him as he always made himself available. Jarvis' options  more limited when Clunan was out through injury.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2018, 07:01:39 PM »
Stan, I thought and hoped for better than Clark but he is the man in situ and who Mr Cleeve has pinned his hopes and faith. So be in it.  Would love to eat 541t loads of humble pie, spoon fed by you Stan.

So letís get on with the team building.  Question for you Stan, as you know a bit about the game.  Hawkins could he do a job as a right sided defender/ wing Back in a 3/5. ?  I have a feeling he could.

Stan

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2018, 07:54:41 PM »
Stan, I thought and hoped for better than Clark but he is the man in situ and who Mr Cleeve has pinned his hopes and faith. So be in it.  Would love to eat 541t loads of humble pie, spoon fed by you Stan.

So letís get on with the team building.  Question for you Stan, as you know a bit about the game.  Hawkins could he do a job as a right sided defender/ wing Back in a 3/5. ?  I have a feeling he could.

On the first point about Clark - fair enough: you have knowledge of the guy whereas for me he is a complete unknown and of course I realise that you would wish things to work out for him at Lynn.

Regarding Hawkins as a wing-back, I don't know. There's obviously no issue with his attacking ability; I've just never seen him perform in a defensive role to make any kind of comment about it. If I was the manager, I would want to start with what Culverhouse  had set up as much as possible. At it's best, last year's side could beat anyone and everyone at Step 3 and if it ain't broke don't fix it, so I would be looking to try and find someone who plays like Norman and Hawkins might be able to - be worth a try pre-season; it's worked with Ashley Young at Man Utd.

« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2018, 08:05:26 PM »
Hawkins is nowhere near being a wing bad.As yet doesn't have that kind of discipline.Norman was a very good player but have to agree that he is very one footed but so is Alexis Sanchez and he's done ok.Good news about Gash.A tower of strength last year.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 07:16:21 AM »
I have a feeling Hawkins did the job as right sided defender during Setchís  reign.  Canít remember the game/s or how he did.

Some folks on here are saying Norman was great at going forward but lacked something as a defender.   Could be similar to where Hawkins is at right now.  Going forward the only thing he needs to remember is the scream comes after the dive, not before. :laughcry:

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 09:11:40 PM »
What did he lack as a defender.I can't remember him getting the run around in too many games.Good in the air,strong.Culverhouse was always on at Hawks and rightly so as he used to switch off and ball watch far too oftenNorman was a defender first who could attack.Hawkins is a forward who cannot defend.