Author Topic: KL Media report on Gash and Blake-Tracy  (Read 1979 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
KL Media report on Gash and Blake-Tracy
« on: June 07, 2018, 11:01:48 AM »
King's Lynn Town have reached agreement with two of last season's playing squad.

Striker Michael Gash and defender Frazer Blake-Tracy have both agreed terms to remain at The Walks.
Blake-Tracy was one of Lynn's most consistent performers at the back last term.
The 22-year-old, who arrived from Lowestoft last summer, looked equally-assured at left-back and as a centre-half when called upon.
Frontman Gash needs little introduction to fans, having terrorised opposition defences with his strength in and around the penalty box.
The Peterborough-based forward found the back of the net 14 times last season and created a number of opportunities for his colleagues after returning to the non-league game following a career-threatening injury at Barnet.
Linnets boss Simon Clark is delighted to have retained the services of both players for Lynn's Southern Premier Central campaign.
Clark said: "Frazer is a rare breed. He is really steady in both his outlook and demeanour and is a young man who can play in the really big games at this level.
"I watched in both of the play-off games and he was very composed. He can play in a couple of positions and I believe there is still more to come.
"He is a tremendous asset for the football club. Frazer wants to push on and that's a massive thing. He's a great kid and I can't wait to start working with him."
On keeping Gash at the club, Clark said: "When I came to the club I was totally honest and open with all of the players and they all spoke so highly of Gashy.
"He's a vital cog for this football team. You need someone you can hit and also somebody who can score you a reasonable amount of goals and Michael does both.
"Having spoken to him in length he's still a good pro, but the most important thing is that he still remains hungry to produce the goods on the pitch."
Keep an eye on the website for interviews with both players over the next couple of days.

Greg Plummer

Kings’s Lynn Town Media

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: KL Media report on Gash and Blake-Tracy
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 11:26:12 AM »
Now that is interesting....  I suggested that Greg Plummer should be invited to join the Media team at the Club and now it looks very much like he is.  Well Done Mr Cleeve it is good that you have the Sports Journo of the leading Local paper on board.

Who says the fans don't have a voice.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 12:29:24 PM »
Blake-Tracy interview by KL Media:

How do you replace the irreplaceable was the question on the lips of many King’s Lynn Town fans when defender Jordan Yong left the club during last summer.

Yong’s exit from The Walks left big shoes to fill for Frazer Blake-Tracey following his close-season arrival from the Trawlerboys.

But the youngster turned in a string of eye-catching displays in the left-back berth and was one of Lynn's most consistent performers during their Southern League title assault last term.

And after agreeing fresh terms for the 2018/19 campaign, Blake-Tracey said: "I'm really looking forward to being back.

"We didn't quite make our mark last season and that's something we want to put right.

"When I arrived it was about getting my name out there and turning in some good performances so people were talking about you.

"There's a new Gaffer here now and I like what he has had to say.

"We've got some quality players like Gashy, Ryan Jarvis and Michael Clunan who shouldn't even be playing at this level and it's great to be playing alongside them.

"It's a good set-up and the best club at this level for sure. I've always had aspirations of playing as high as possible and I would still like to play in the pro game.

"I still think I'm young enough to do it but I've got business to finish here first and want to take the club to where it wants to be."

The 22-year-old, who can also operate as a centre-half, has no problem helping the club's cause by playing out of position when called upon.

"I've probably played left-back for most of my career but I'm happy to play wherever the manager needs me," said Blake-Tracey.

"I'm happy to do a different job and what is asked of me."

Blake-Tracy admitted he now has some “unfinished business” to contend with after committing his future to the club.

"We are were absolutely gutted at the end of last season but the players helped pick each other up in the dressing room," he said.

"They say don't chase the wounded animal. We were hurt last season and are going to come back fighting.

"The disappointment we suffered only fuels the ambition the players have got and we are going to go for it this season."

Greg Plummer

King's Lynn Town Media

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 01:08:40 PM »
Wow, am I dreaming ... 2 Detailed press releases in under 24 hour's.  Welcome aboard GP.  To The other 2 guys in the Media team.... That's the bar well and truly set.... Up to you guys to match it.

Really Could be onto something here, now we have a 3 strong team.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2018, 08:41:27 PM »
Gash interview by KL Media

Michael Gash believes he will reap the rewards of a full pre-season with King's Lynn Town.
The striker missed the majority of last summer's preparations after making a return from a serious cruciate ligament injury.
But with a full close-season ahead of him, Gash feels he can be even more instrumental in a Blue and Gold shirt next season.
Gash said: "I came back at the end of July and did a bit of training with other clubs, but I didn't have a full-on pre-season where you come in and work hard every time that you train.
"I think next season I will be even fitter, which I think will only benefit the club and myself and hopefully you'll see that through the season.
"All I wanted to do last season was play regular football and I managed to do that. I would have liked to have scored a few goals but I thought I contributed well to the team.
"We've now got a fresh start and, as players, we've got to get ourselves into the team and try to impress the new manager."
The Peterborough-based forward, who attracted the interests of a number of other clubs, said it wasn't a difficult decision for him to return to The Walks.
"It's always good to know that you are wanted, especially by a new manager. It was always in my mind about staying as I absolutely loved it here last season.
"It's a great non-league club and you only have to look at the two-play off games and the number of fans who came through the gates to see the real potential of the club.
"Everyone is working hard behind the scenes, players are staying from last season and, with the manager set to bring a few new faces in, you can only see good things happening."
Linnets boss Simon Clark had nothing but praise for the big striker, who found the back of the net 14 times in his first campaign in Norfolk.
Clark said: “Everyone spoke about Gashy being a pivotal figure for success at this football club. You need someone you can hit and also somebody who can score you goals and he can do both.
“He had offers from other clubs, but his heart, energy and motivation is at King’s Lynn and I’m delighted to get him over the line."
But as influential as the target man is in a Linnets shirt, Clark wants Gash to slow down when Lynn begin life in the Southern Premier Central League.
"The one criticism of Gashy, if there is one, is that he does too much running," admitted Clark.
"I don't want him to be running down the flanks. Of course he's got to press and work out of possession, but I don't want him chasing back 40 yards.
"He's 32 in September and I want him to save himself for his explosive moments higher up the pitch.
"Most players his age start to slow down, but Gashy's legs and enthusiasm are still there and that's a tremendous asset for this football club."

Greg Plummer

King’s Lynn Town Media

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 07:12:07 AM »
Oh this is starting to get overwhelming.  Talk about being proactive with the fans.

Stephen Cleeve takes a lot of manure on here, not least from me.  However when you see reports coming out of the club likes this on a daily basis then you have to give the guy full credit for having the foresight to bring someone like Plummer into the team.

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 01:16:53 PM »
Looking forward to seeing GP reporting at away games next season

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2018, 11:59:05 AM »
Be good if between the 3 of media guys they can work it so all away games are covered.  After all lot less distance involved this season. So shouldn't be a problem to share it 3 ways. After all its only maybe once a month each

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2018, 02:36:51 PM »
Sounds too good to be true. Are there any volunteers left at the club?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
I doubt it. I guess all those involved, Hearle Milsom and Plummer all receive free admission. So receive a reward for thier efforts

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2018, 09:08:14 AM »
Sounds too good to be true. Are there any volunteers left at the club?

Sounds as though you know something that we don’t Lynx. Which volunteers have left the club then, perhaps you can put us all in the picture?

Not exactly a secret considering it's been all over the fan pages on Facebook. Unless the club has been replacing people behind the scenes the people that ran the club shop and organised away travel have left. Programme editor has left. Head Steward along with some of their team  have left.

Some people last year were questioning if the Media team needed two heads. GP makes three so does that mean someone else makes way?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2018, 11:00:51 AM »
All of the volunteer stewards have left, these are being replaced by a security company that will be paid, so now you know where your extra £1 a game will be going!
"If a window was broken or a drain was blocked up, someone was certain to say that Grissles had come in the night and done it, and when the key of the store-shed was lost, the whole farm was convinced that Grissles had thrown it down the well. Curiously enough, they went on believing this even after

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2018, 12:20:46 PM »
Lynx, I have been openly critical of the media team of last season.  However they certainly upped their game toward the end of the season, and I offered them the due praise. With Plummer joining it does appear that the Chairman also maybe felt more was needed.  It hasn't gone unnoticed that the Club is certainly getting more stuff out there.    The More  publicity the Club gets surely the better. 

I am not sure now if Greg Plummer or Mark Hearle are heading this seasons campaign, but judging by the stuff coming out so far it would seem Plummer is leading the way.