Author Topic: Action this week ?  (Read 2141 times)

Mallard

• View Profile
Action this week ?
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:23:41 AM »
Simon Clark ( and Sam G) have  now had almost 3 weeks in the new job ( not long in the swing of things)   Will this week see the new signings start to come through ?

Any rumours out there on names who might be coming ?

Just to get things start and throw a few names about ... Matthew Stevens... Striker... Peterborough Utd was on loan at Kettering last season...

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Action this week ?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 08:37:19 AM »
and the defender from Peterborough that we had on loan. Did he ever make the grade?
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

KES80

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 08:40:56 AM »
Not really into all this rumour and counter rumour myself. So much worthless hot air on the Forum. I am happy to just accept that we will be informed when the signings have been made.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 09:03:42 AM »
Hot air ? how does that work ?

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
I'm just happy to see some forum action cos this one has been slow for days now.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 10:19:00 AM »
Hot air ? how does that work ?

Hot air rises and floats rumours into the Stratosphere.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 10:19:50 AM »
I'm just happy to see some forum action cos this one has been slow for days now.

Are you alright, Wack!  :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
I wont expect to see any signings until we know  for a  100% certain which league we are in

then we can get the players in . players wont want to sign if the live say 50 miles south of Lynn then have to travel 100 miles +  north of Lynn  for a game.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 11:01:33 AM »
I was wondering how many season tickets had been sold? :bankrupt: :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 11:51:45 AM »
North, South, East or West  hasn't stopped Gash n Blake Tracey signing.

As for Hot Air, surely that is down to the spoken word not the written.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 08:15:16 PM »
I was wondering how many season tickets had been sold? :bankrupt: :dontknow:

Me for one! I may not attend every home game but saves me from queuing!

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2018, 10:50:40 PM »
Well that’s 2 then Mike

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2018, 11:06:43 PM »
Well that has swelled the coffers?  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stan

• "Supporters, not Customers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2018, 07:18:24 AM »
Simon Clark ( and Sam G) have  now had almost 3 weeks in the new job ( not long in the swing of things)   Will this week see the new signings start to come through ?

Any rumours out there on names who might be coming ?

Just to get things start and throw a few names about ... Matthew Stevens... Striker... Peterborough Utd was on loan at Kettering last season...

This sounds like some sort of interim appraisal! As I said on an earlier post, I prefer to reserve judgement until about ten games into the season: give the blokes a break; forget about KLTFC for a bit and enjoy the World Cup.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2018, 08:46:41 AM »
Stan,  No appraisal.  Just more looking for updates, and then as if by Magic Clark gives us it ina LN article.  All sounds very promising.

As for the World Cup, Give me all things Linnets every time.  Little to no interest in 32 ( yes 32 now)  Teams in this huge commercial operation.    Got more,  Pleasure, last night,  in watching Norfolk boy Robert Lambert become the Youngest British Speedway Champion , since Michael Lee.