Author Topic: Lynn News article-Clark urges fans to be patient.  (Read 591 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: Lynn News article-Clark urges fans to be patient.
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 01:02:31 PM »
That's some strong positive news.    Couple of newbies in by the weekend, quality replacements in for the 4 who have left.  Cameron King seemingly likely to sign.    Reading between the lines it seems everyone else will be back.

4/5 replacements  1 right back,  1 midfield, 2 strikers ? Maybe another left back ?

Thoughts

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2018, 01:51:14 PM »
If we can genuinely hold on to all of last years squad apart from the 4 who have already gone then that is a hell of a start for Clark.  Realistically neither of the front two who have left were starters so would be comfortable if only one of the signings was a front man but think we need more midfield cover so perhaps that should be Clark's focus, that said I would like to see Fryatt jnr convince his new boss that he is worth a place in the 1st team squad.  Obviously we need a new right back but what sort depends on whether we go with three (my preference) or four at the back.  As for another left back, why?  We have re-signed Blake-Tracey who was one of the outstanding players from last year and although he 'filled in' at centre half he looked far better at left back.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2018, 02:00:40 PM »
Tony, With regard to Blake-Tracey Im sure you will recall that he moved into play in a back 3 at the end of the season, and did a more than decent job there.  Lappin filled in on the left, hence why I was suggesting cover for that position. The same applied when B-Tracey was out injured....As Things stand No Lappin, no cover.

You are right about if we are able to keep a settle squad  ( only 4 departures) It should set us up nicely for next season.  Imagine if we can get a striker in who will get us 20-25 goals, factor in a full season from King, ( that's another 15 goals)

The reason why I suggested 2 strikers coming in as at the moment we have no idea what system/s Clark will go with.  He did say he didn't want Gash chasing his ass off and needed him to save himself.  Does that suggest he might have a partner in support of him, rather than playing the lone striker role ?

All Bits and pieces up for debate.... So lets debate it.  Lets hear what people think.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2018, 02:35:07 PM »
This year ?   How many did we sell last year ?

TonyM

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2018, 02:49:16 PM »
Agree that B-T did a 'more than a decent job' when he moved into the back three but just think he was a better left back, guess it just depends on who is out there on Clark's radar as to which way he goes in terms of starters / cover.  I personally think a back three of Frary, Fryatt and Ward is probably as strong as we can hope for at step 3, particularly based on how much all three improved during the season with hopefully more to come this year, but if Clark can find someone else better or opts for a flat back four then you already have your centre half cover.

I liked Clark's comments about not wanting Gash to do so much running, something I said around mid-season, particularly in relation to when he was partnered with Mettam.  I would be happy with Gash playing up top on his own if it meant pushing any two from King, Hawkins and Parker that little bit higher up the pitch to do more of his running for him.  Personally think last years squad was at its best playing 5-2-2-1 and would potentially only need a starting right back to play that way with the returning personnel, then up to Clark to see if he wanted to continue with that style and who he could bring in to upgrade what we have / provide a bit more depth.