Author Topic: Breaking News - SCís First Signing  (Read 3149 times)

True Linnet

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Breaking News - SCís First Signing
« on: June 13, 2018, 01:39:47 PM »
It would appear that Kalern has the potential to be a very good replacement for Cameron Norman. To snatch him from under the noses of Kettering is excellent work, showing very positive intent  :scarf:

This is taken from the clubs Official Facebook Page 👇🏽

Kingís Lynn Town have this morning completed the signing of defender Kalern Thomas.
Thomas arrives at The Walks from Lynn's Southern Central League rivals Kettering Town.
The Leicester-born full-back signed for the Poppies from Solihull Moors last December and made 22 appearances during the second half of last season.
Thomas, who is primarily a right-sided defender but also capable of playing on the left, has also played for Corby Town and Boston United.
On his new addition, Linnets boss Simon Clark said: "Kalern came in very late at Kettering last season and was the best right-back there from January onwards.
"He has tremendous foot speed, which is always good for a defender, and he is very comfortable on the ball.
"His fitness levels are incredible. He makes great distance up the pitch, but is also a very good defender.
"He loves to be coached and is another lad who is at the right age to improve further.
"Another big plus is that he is experienced at this level and the one above. Kalern has an intrinsic motivation that all managers want their players to have."
He began his career on the books of Walsall before turning out for Quorn ahead of his eventual switch to Steel Park.
Thomas becomes Lynn's first signing of the summer and his arrival comes hot on the heels of Michael Gash and Frazer Blake-Tracy agreeing new deals to stay with the club last week.
The Linnets hope to be in a position to make further player announcements in the near future.

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
Re: Breaking News - SCís First Signing
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2018, 02:03:48 PM »
Looks like a good signing.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2018, 02:11:01 PM »
Looks like a good replacement for C  Norman

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »
Sounds very encouraging.  First one on board. Natural replacement for Norman.  Wonder who is the next one  to complete the week.

Nemesis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 08:42:14 PM »
Interesting that Kettering still haven't officially announced that he has gone
http://www.ketteringtownfc.com/news/fact-rumour-fakenews
ďOnce you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shinesĒ

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 01:22:06 PM »
I'm a bit concerned about this signing, surely if everything was OK about it the club would have issued a statement to quash any rumours.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 01:34:18 PM »
Blue, I think the silence from the club is again disappointing.  We had numerous press releases from the Club's PR  Team  ( mainly GP)  keeping the fans abreast of all the latest news etc.   Then suddenly its all gone deathly quiet.   Nothing to report ?   Apparently we were to have 2 new faces in this week, well according to Simon Clark's interview.  Have they both fallen through, will they be announced tomorrow ?  Again Stephen Cleeve is being let down.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 02:10:20 PM »
 Why is their all this panic there is plenty of time before the start of the season to get players in

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2018, 02:26:09 PM »
B&G.. I thought it was a 3 man team..  Chris Milson and Mark Hearle surely can handle in Plummer's absence.

I agree Hill....No panic I guess. I mean the first friendly is a week away.   Just following up on what Simon Clark said about 2 in this week.  His words.   Then again he said that King signings was all but done.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2018, 02:52:12 PM »
Agree there is plenty  of time  as I have said before until we know where we definetley know which league  I cant see much happening. Also the season is far to long in my opinion,  players do have lives  outside football and a 6 week
  break is not enough , hence why players are that interested at present in signing as its only part time and not a  full time job.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2018, 03:01:19 PM »
Wing.....It maybe part time football, but some players earn more at Playing part-time football than they do at their full time employment. So on that basis I am sure that some players would deem the 6/8 week break as too long, as they only have the income from their full time employment.

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2018, 03:13:24 PM »
You may be right that they earn more but by the time they have paid there travelling expenses  and tax  there  wont be that much left but something is better than nothing.
Also  from the amount of teams in local football packing up for one reason or another  the  amount of  good players about for clubs like ours to sign  gets less and less  and when a decent local player is found unless he is guaranteed to play he soon departs  and we as a club cant have to many paid players sitting on the bench.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 03:33:53 PM »
Travelling expenses and tax are part and parcel of any job, full or part time, some part time footballers get more than I do for full time work!  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 09:11:41 PM »
Travelling expenses and tax are part and parcel of any job, full or part time, some part time footballers get more than I do for full time work!  :dontknow:

That's because they know what they are on about Grissles,  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2018, 10:18:36 PM »

That's because they know what they are on about Grissles,  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Obviously.  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!