Author Topic: New signing  (Read 2273 times)

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
Re: New signing
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 08:40:06 AM »
Announced in the local paper but nothing from the club?

multilevel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2018, 09:21:54 AM »
It says "The Linnets should be at full strength, apart from Ryan Fryatt, who is suspended. The centre-half will be back for the Norwich City home game on Friday."

Can you count a pre-season friendly as a game's suspension or have I got the wrong end of the stick?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 10:47:35 AM »

It is on the official website.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 10:58:07 AM »
Is the new signing fully recovered from injury ?   Think he has been out for a year.  At 34 might take him a few weeks to get up to full fitness.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 11:01:01 AM »
Made 14 appearances for Alfreton last season having joined them in January

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2018, 11:27:40 AM »
Thanks Admin,  answers that one.  Looks a decent signing to work along side Ryan

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2018, 12:01:46 PM »

It is on the official website.

Yes it is now. First thing this morning it had been announced by the Lynn News but there was nothing on any of the club's outlets.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2018, 01:14:15 PM »
Lynx... The Lynn News and the   media dept at the club are now headed up by the same person.  I guess he has to prioritise his paid employment.

Lynx9

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2018, 01:45:16 PM »
Lynx... The Lynn News and the   media dept at the club are now headed up by the same person.  I guess he has to prioritise his paid employment.

Normally the club announces news first then the local press pick it up. For the club not to have put anything out first in my opinion is poor. How times change when a few weeks ago Mallard you were crowing with excitement every time the club put out a statement with Gregs name on it. I thought things were meant to be improving.

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2018, 01:57:58 PM »
I notice it describes his role as player / asst manager, is Sam still with the club or are we having 2 assistants ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2018, 02:08:07 PM »
I notice it describes his role as player / asst manager, is Sam still with the club or are we having 2 assistants ?

2 assistants.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2018, 02:21:14 PM »

Have I missed something here Mallard? You were always critical of Mark & Milly and felt they didn't do enough "club media" and weren't quick enough to post things even though they both have full times jobs they have to prioritise. Greg's (and I'm not criticising him) doing the same but you don't seem to have an issue with that? Any reason.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2018, 02:59:23 PM »
Greg Plummer was on holiday last week, and is still away this week.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
Paul allow me to explain.

I thought the Media coverage being offered last season was poor... When the 2 guys upped their game I offered the congrates they totally deserves.    I Think it was Chris who came on to say they were looking to up their game for this season and was asking for suggestions.  Which I think a few offered.

It then appeared during the closed season that Greg Plummer joined the Media team.  We then saw a good few quality articles being posted.  It appears the media team has indeed upped their game. I would suggest that it is GP who has lead this change.