Author Topic: New signing  (Read 2495 times)

jackdaw

• View Profile
Re: New signing
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2018, 04:49:35 PM »
Who was the young lad who played I think wing back in the norfolk senior cup final then had a bad injury ?
Looked a real good prospect to me.

TICKETS for Friday mine is over 2k if that means anything  :scarf:

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2018, 12:09:55 AM »
It says "The Linnets should be at full strength, apart from Ryan Fryatt, who is suspended. The centre-half will be back for the Norwich City home game on Friday."

Can you count a pre-season friendly as a game's suspension or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
If a player is sent off in a friendly game the suspension takes place in the next friendly match. Fryatt was sent off against Lowestoft last August in the final pre-season friendly.

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2018, 09:48:55 AM »
Beevers and Gash eh?

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2018, 09:59:56 AM »
Who was the young lad who played I think wing back in the norfolk senior cup final then had a bad injury ?
Looked a real good prospect to me.

TICKETS for Friday mine is over 2k if that means anything  :scarf:

Kieran Shipp?

multilevel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2018, 12:40:34 PM »
It says "The Linnets should be at full strength, apart from Ryan Fryatt, who is suspended. The centre-half will be back for the Norwich City home game on Friday."

Can you count a pre-season friendly as a game's suspension or have I got the wrong end of the stick?
If a player is sent off in a friendly game the suspension takes place in the next friendly match. Fryatt was sent off against Lowestoft last August in the final pre-season friendly.
Wow - that's some time between crime and punishment!

What are the consequences of ignoring the suspension? Do we lose the "points" won in the friendly?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 01:40:51 PM »

jackdaw

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 02:21:29 PM »
Thanks 93.
So where is Kieran Shipp ?  looked very useful .   :scarf:

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 02:42:11 PM »
Shippy now back in training, missed all last season with a bad knee injury
Backie

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 02:55:16 PM »
Shippy now back in training, missed all last season with a bad knee injury
Backie

Do we expect him to be part of the first team Backie or with the reserves?

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 03:06:03 PM »
Training with the first team at the moment, so hopefully get himself back up to fitness and the gaffa will see how he does but like I said hasn't played a game since the first game of season last year.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 03:08:45 PM »
Any arrivals/departures from the Reserves thus far Backie ( the Wisbech bound lad apart) ?

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 03:56:27 PM »
Looks like the manager has pretty much got the "keeping em out" bit sorted, hopefully he'll now find somebody with a bit of flair and be able to feed Gash n Limb.
Getting excited now after the few weeks of doom n gloom.
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 06:26:36 PM »
Blue. Clark said in interview that he was looking at brining in a couple of midfield players.  One I guess to replace King ( big boots to fill). He said also a striker but that was looking unlikely.

Be interesting to see if he goes one up top with a number 10, and if so who will fill that role.  Or if he will go2 up top with Gash n Limb.  Maybe a Horses for course arrangement ?

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 07:01:53 PM »
Will the "budget" be able to cope with another striker?  Judging from how SC spoke the one he would like to get sounds like a proven goal scorer, who probably won't come cheap. He obviously rates Gash and Limb and with Toby as cover for either where would a new one fit into the plan.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2018, 07:21:54 PM »
Will the "budget" be able to cope with another striker?  Judging from how SC spoke the one he would like to get sounds like a proven goal scorer, who probably won't come cheap. He obviously rates Gash and Limb and with Toby as cover for either where would a new one fit into the plan.

Well we should have a healthy budget with Mr Cleeve raking in 1000s in sponsorship, all those extra pounds on the gate,extra 50p's here and there on drinks? In the words of Del boy, the worlds our Lobster. :welcome: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!