Author Topic: Pssst (turned into bar discussion)  (Read 2636 times)

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
Pssst (turned into bar discussion)
« on: July 04, 2018, 08:10:15 AM »
"It's coming home" :cup2:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
Re: Pssst (turned into bar discussion)
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2018, 08:13:59 AM »
Just a shame our club never had the foresight of many other clubs and utilised the bar, big screen, happy hour, food for sale etc? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 09:42:41 AM »
Surely it's something they have to do on Saturday? 3pm Kick Off, get people in there midday, drinks for at least 5 hours, with food ongoing. Surely would be an easy quick profit turnover on a non matchday, especially if they do a load of drink deals too.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 08:10:13 AM »
Just a shame our club never had the foresight of many other clubs and utilised the bar, big screen, happy hour, food for sale etc? :dontknow:

"Sorry, I've scratched your record - (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record".  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 09:00:40 AM »

"Sorry, I've scratched your record - (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record, (sceee) your record".  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Not only me that has mentioned it!!!! :dontknow: :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 09:06:41 AM »
No Griss, but you are the easy target.   There use to be a name for people who did this in the school playground.  I think It's mainly been stamped out now, in children anyway.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:03:52 AM »

No, but it's your echo that keeps bouncing around Grissles.  :laughcry: :laughcry:

Not only me that has mentioned it!!!! :dontknow: :banghead; :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 10:06:47 AM »
Mike with all due respect it is not only Griss who is starting to sound like a cracked record.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 02:59:53 PM »
So looking from a business point of view, as we are thinking of making money.
How many staff required? 2 minimum @ min wage 8.30 per hour x min 4 hrs = 66.40 + NI = 75.00

Plus electric + cleaning + plastic cups (ha ha) = 10 approx.

So 85.00 cost before start. MINIMUM

Pint 3.20 (?) 50 % margin (?) = 1.60

So that's 53 pints to break even.

How many people would want to watch it in the Blue and Gold? Most local pubs & social clubs are showing it where many would be normal regulars. Or people chose to watch at home. Why would they want to come to walks? Adding food adds to costs and potential wastage.
 So maybe not a bad decison NOT to open.

As always. Just my thoughts

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 04:22:19 PM »
How many staff required? 2 minimum @ min wage 8.30 per hour x min 4 hrs = 66.40 + NI = 75.00

How many people would want to watch it in the Blue and Gold? Most local pubs & social clubs are showing it where many would be normal regulars. Or people chose to watch at home. Why would they want to come to walks? Adding food adds to costs and potential wastage.

Apparently The Eagle was at capacity and turning people away.   :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 06:20:36 PM »

As always the club can't be bothered to do anything for the fans,once the venue starts getting used properly it could attract people,but that would take effort on behalf of the management team?   :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 06:26:30 PM »

Apparently The Eagle was at capacity and turning people away.   :dontknow:

Pretty sure the eagle isn't quite 3.60 a pint though & in town, although its a good idea on paper you've got to have something special to drag people out of town & with so many places showing it already would be hard to break even, add on to them numbers already mentioned security as sadly when football & drink is involved you're going to need security "Just in case" the fact the eagle was throwing "disruptive" people out in one of the first games shows this.  These costs alone would make it a non event or you've got to be certain of getting a lot of people in drinking a lot of beer to cover the costs alone
With the napier nearby proving really popular with their outdoor bbq's etc, the club would be mad to try & compete & would just be a waste of money in the long run & the threat of being any trouble really not worth the hassle in my mind.

ps lynnsport doing a offer of burger chips & pint for 5 can't compete!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 07:39:00 PM »
For the first time ever, I agree with Grissles, I am a member of Middleton Hall Golf Club, and even they are showing it in their bar, with a 1 off a pint, its a no brainer!

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 08:57:29 PM »
Looks like someone at the club has been listening...
https://www.kltown.co.uk/single-post/2018/07/05/World-Cup-at-the-Walks

hope this is well supported by all then  :cheers:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 10:52:32 PM »
Now is the time for all those that have championed Mr Cleeve to put their money where their mouth is,get down there and make it a raging success,so successful in fact that it is repeated for the next round. Well done to all involved at the club for making it possible,just need you all down there to make it viable? :cheers: :scarf: :cheers: :scarf: :cheers: :scarf: