Author Topic: Friendlies - Progress  (Read 873 times)

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
Friendlies - Progress
« on: July 05, 2018, 08:23:03 AM »
King's Lynn vs Fakenham.

A game of two halves - literally. Simon Clarke put out a separate team for each half and gave some fringe players from Reserves some game time, notably Edge and McLeish who both impressed with some intelligent play.

New lads gave some good performances and some regulars had a chance to impress. Rumour Control circulated that Hawkins has not yet found favour with t' manager (?)

Problems last night (for fans) was that there was no Player List so we were left watching with little knowledge of who was who. Can we get a Player List of who is playing in which numbered shirt for next games  :dontknow:

Whoever was playing in 1st half in No17 gave a good performance. Who was No6?

It will take a little time for team to gel and fans to be able to recognise new lads.

Definitely missed seeing Cameron Norman's attacking runs but new No2 from Kettering played well.

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
Re: Friendlies - Progress
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 08:33:25 AM »
Thanks Mike for the report and please keep up the good work.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2018, 09:09:30 AM »
Thanks for the Info Mike.  Maybe the Media dept at The walks will give us a run down on who was on show last night.

As for your comment re- Hawkins, maybe he was looking for an extra few quid that wasn't forth coming.  The joys of contracts.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 09:54:19 AM »
Thanks for the Info Mike.  Maybe the Media dept at The walks will give us a run down on who was on show last night.

As for your comment re- Hawkins, maybe he was looking for an extra few quid that wasn't forth coming.  The joys of contracts.

Nearly all clubs donít give out team lists if trialists are involved for obvious reasons

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2018, 10:01:14 AM »

Nearly all clubs donít give out team lists if trialists are involved for obvious reasons

No17 A. N. Other?
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »
93, yet the name of one of the lads who scored was Nelson, which was of course was given.  So what's the difference between giving name's of players who played but didn't score ? 

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 10:30:14 AM »
93, yet the name of one of the lads who scored was Nelson, which was of course was given.  So what's the difference between giving name's of players who played but didn't score ?

No clue.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 10:46:06 AM »

I canít speak for the Media team but from a PA perspective I was working and the rearrangement of the fixture came at too short notice for me. I will be back for tomorrowís game and will try and pass on as much player information as I can.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 11:20:07 AM »
So Robbo is there no back up to yourself ? if you couldn't make a game for whatever reason would there be no announcer ?

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 11:21:26 AM »
So Robbo is there no back up to yourself ? if you couldn't make a game for whatever reason would there be no announcer ?

Remember Mark Hearle covering games previously, but apparently he's on holiday?

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

Remember Mark Hearle covering games previously, but apparently he's on holiday?

Yes, it is normally Mark. Before his holiday we had arranged between the two of us to cover all of the pre season home games, just unfortunate circumstances around last nightís game. I did contact the club but like with my own situation there clearly wasnít enough time to arrange alternative cover.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2018, 12:59:52 PM »
Robbo, well that's understandable...Million to one chance of that ever happening again I guess.  I mean it is not as if it is a paid position unless you count free admission as being paid. 

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2018, 03:20:22 PM »
The blonde lad in the first half looked very useful

Coastal linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2018, 04:09:39 PM »
Did Nelson put in an admirable performance?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
Apparently had an eye for a pass, but his throw ins let him down a bit