Author Topic: challenge trophy  (Read 1586 times)

Paulos

• View Profile
challenge trophy
« on: July 08, 2018, 11:10:59 PM »
So this challenge trophy that is just around the corner...

Has there been any announcements on prices for the games?
With all due respect to them I can't imagine many people paying 10 to watch Legia Warsaw u23's and Rangers U23's on the friday night!?

On the sunday the 3rd place game is 2pm then the final at 5 so I take it if you went to both games you pay one price?

Apologies if this info is out there somewhere, just haven't seen anything

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile

SamsDad

• View Profile
Re: challenge trophy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 11:48:21 AM »
That link isn't working? I find this happens quite regularly, can only assume perhaps they take the page down to load the latest info??

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 11:51:40 AM »
Works for me on a laptop using Firefox

Semi-finals
10 Adult, 8 Concs, 5 12-18, Under 11 free with paying adult/conc

Sunday final and Runners-up (two games)
15 Adult, 12 Concs, 7.50 12-18, Under 11 free with paying adult/conc

Tournament pass (all four games)
25 Adult, 20 Concs, 12.50 12-18, Under 11 free with paying adult/conc

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 11:52:05 AM »
That link isn't working? I find this happens quite regularly, can only assume perhaps they take the page down to load the latest info??

Working fine for me.

Try using a different Browser and see if that works for you.

somerset linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 11:59:36 AM »
Works fine on Chrome. :scarf: :scarf:

SamsDad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 03:27:40 PM »
Have tried Chrome and Edge, maybe because I am at work.. Thanks though! Sunday could be a good day out, be interesting to see how well attended this is..

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 04:24:45 PM »
You would think there would be a good turn out of Rangers fans from  southern England at least. They are well supported world wide. A great oppurtunity for Rangers fans living down here (from here) to see there team.
Also, Warsaw should appeal to our Eastern European friends.

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2018, 04:30:24 PM »
Also
I see Rangers Play Europa league 17th, then no other first team friendlies until 29th.
Could be a few fringe/first teamers in squad. Also, maybe, a visit from Stevie G.

robbo84

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2018, 05:12:04 PM »
I attended a similar tournament in Jersey a few years back. Celtic U-23s were one of the sides and I have to say I was surprised by the popularity of the matches. Springfield Stadium is a similar size to The Walks and looked fairly full.

Paulos

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2018, 06:15:11 PM »
Thanks for info.

Definately be interesting to see how it goes, wonder how well it has been advertised though so those rangers fans know about it? Would U-23's attract that many? Anything's a plus & all extra pennies & decent practice for the lynn team. Suppose the plus side of having online ticket sales is it gives you an indication on how busy the tournament might be.

On another note, is the club open again wednesday for the england game?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2018, 09:40:54 PM »
Thanks for info.

Definately be interesting to see how it goes, wonder how well it has been advertised though so those rangers fans know about it? Would U-23's attract that many? Anything's a plus & all extra pennies & decent practice for the lynn team. Suppose the plus side of having online ticket sales is it gives you an indication on how busy the tournament might be.

On another note, is the club open again wednesday for the england game?

Unfortunately from what I understand it was a cataclysmic failure,at least Mr Cleeve tried,but maybe too little too late? Everywhere else advertised al the games in advance and had varying offers on drinks and food etc? Seems to me that Mr Cleeve is quite content to rely on just bums on seats to pay the bills, and anything else taking place is a bonus. For this to happen we have to hit the floor running and take the league by storm,anything else will see a drop in crowds? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2018, 10:28:54 PM »
Gris I get your point but how can anybody have advertised the games very far in advance ? There's only a few days, maybe a week at most in the knockout stage
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2018, 10:42:07 PM »
Far better to plan in advance and cancel if we are knocked out? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2018, 10:53:34 AM »
Other pubs would have also been building up their customer base before and throughout the tournament, whereas Lynn would be starting from fresh and trying to draw in new punters. One of those things that just can't be done on a one off, it's something the club need to consistently do throughout the season and build up a base so the bigger events like this World Cup has seen can be utilised.