Author Topic: New season.  (Read 2599 times)

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
New season.
« on: July 10, 2018, 10:45:12 PM »
With the new season almost upon us what are peoples expectations of the team? Last season we were led to the cusp of promotion,unfortunately falling at the final hurdle,seems like we will be running with a like or better budget than last season,should we settle for anything less than automatic promotion?  :dontknow: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
Re: New season.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 11:41:53 PM »
When you say settle, do you mean should we expect ?
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 11:56:03 PM »
When you say settle, do you mean should we expect ?

Settle>Expect just a play on words? :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Loughborough Linnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2018, 07:24:49 AM »
I predict weíll finish in the top 3. We might even be favourites to win the thing this year. If we donít finish top though, the play-offs are even more arduous than before, so promotion is going to be tricky.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2018, 09:09:51 AM »
From the display against much higher opposition (Norwich City) I can see a better team evolving from the ashes of last season's fabulous team. We had great results last year with fantastic wins against Hereford (put their noses out of place) and poor results against teams we should have slaughtered.

The team is coming together and hopefully we will not have any repeat disappointments of players jumping ship at the last moment.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2018, 09:12:13 AM »
Following the success of last season then the expectation level is there from the get go.  It now seems the basis of last years team is still there.  Ok Norman and King will be massive holes to fill, but Clark looks as though he filled both those voids.  The addition of Limb should be adding 20 plus goals.  So I fully expect to see Lynn inside a top 6 group all season.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2018, 09:22:28 AM »
Expecting promotion via playoffs

little John

• A LYNN BOI/ BOR/ BUH.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 10:25:34 AM »
No more playoffs please!

Kevin Holland

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2018, 01:17:48 PM »
The only game i want us to win is the next one.

All i expect is that every team member, leaves nothing on the pitch.

Talking of promotion and play-offs is no more than fantasy and does nothing but put pressure on the club.

One game at a time. week in, week out,

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2018, 01:41:29 AM »
The only game i want us to win is the next one.

All i expect is that every team member, leaves nothing on the pitch.

Talking of promotion and play-offs is no more than fantasy and does nothing but put pressure on the club.

One game at a time. week in, week out,

I feel that the Chairman has put the pressure on by raising  the entry price to go towards a higher player budget,this coupled with the announced sponsorship deal which we are led to believe is in the region of 25k a season should bring success?

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2018, 07:27:57 AM »
Spending doesn't buy you success. It only aids it.
Players on the pitch win you things.
Hopefully they play well and remain injury free. With a little bit of luck also.

I guess there are at least 10 other teams in the league who are also hoping to do good things this term. Just because we have a sponsor and raised entrance fee doesnt mean they will move aside for us I'm sure.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2018, 08:18:50 AM »
Itís not fans to crank up the expectation levels.  Owners who say they want Football League in X number of years. Managers who big up new signings as this, that or the other.  Fans buy into all of that.

If Simon Clark thinks the squad he has put together this season is the equal or indeed better than last seasons outfit.  Then thatís the bar set.

Dilligaf

• Moderated
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2018, 08:48:11 AM »
Don't under estimate the effect culverhouse had on the team last season.....this season will be tougher....

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2018, 10:45:46 AM »
Spending doesn't buy you success. It only aids it.
Players on the pitch win you things.
Hopefully they play well and remain injury free. With a little bit of luck also.

I guess there are at least 10 other teams in the league who are also hoping to do good things this term. Just because we have a sponsor and raised entrance fee doesnt mean they will move aside for us I'm sure.

So basically what you are saying is we could possibly end up in the top eleven? Paying top dollar for a finish no better than Setch achieved on a third of the current budget,and price increases to fans to boot? Only endears us to Mr Cleeve even more,come on bring it on,let us fund your planned underachievement!!! :banghead; :banghead; :banghead;

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2018, 03:29:14 PM »
That's not what I was really saying.
After the investment, the chairman, manager, players and supporters do expect to be in the mix.

What I was saying, is there will be others who also expect. The fact we have a sponsor doesn't advance us to go!!

We have to perform on the pitch.

If we didn't make the play-offs would be a disappointment for all !!

Especially the chairman who has set the bar high for achievement.