Author Topic: 4 team Challenge Cup  (Read 5941 times)

Paul47

• View Profile
Re: 4 team Challenge Cup
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2018, 02:19:04 PM »
Honestly, the negativity on this forum is disgraceful at times. Who cares if it's U23 or U18? I doubt the posters actually care at all, just use it as an excuse to moan about something. Perhaps the original plan was for it to be U23, and the clubs changed that? Perhaps KLFC misinterpreted the squads the other teams were bringing. WHO CARES?

If Lynn won the Europa League there would be moaning that it wasn't the Champions League.

How can any club progress if it is held back by a constant stream of often-baseless negativity. I wonder if these posters enjoy being negative?

For heavens sake, get behind the club and stop picking on the slightest, minutest little detail in everything the club does.

Consider it a "youth team" if that makes you feel better.

Argh.  :swear:

Well said.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2018, 07:03:01 PM »
Just amuses me that people will quite happily go and see under 18s when it was billed as under23s, perhaps next season for under 18s games they should advertise them as under 23s and watch the attendance rise? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

gs50

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2018, 07:29:02 PM »
Isn't 18 under 23 !!!!

macfleetwood1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2018, 07:32:17 PM »
There is nothing wrong with the wording, its the way you look at it. If they were all 14 year olds they would still be under 21s.

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2018, 07:56:32 PM »
Just amuses me that people will quite happily go and see under 18s when it was billed as under23s, perhaps next season for under 18s games they should advertise them as under 23s and watch the attendance rise? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Nice to see you happy Gris
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

SamsDad

« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:23 PM »

What a ridiculous comparison.. I look forward to a positive post from you sometime soon.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2018, 07:58:42 PM »
So unless you are a proud parent how m,any of you went to an under 18s game last season?
 :dontknow:
No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2018, 08:14:13 PM »
So unless you are a proud parent how m,any of you went to an under 18s game last season?
 :dontknow:

Good point, Im sure loads of Warsaw fans would have made the trip if they had bought the u23 squad...

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2018, 09:14:06 PM »
Does the age really matter ?  There wasn't exactly a bumper turnout for the previous Norwich game.

At least the club are trying to do something different, were getting to see players representing a Champloinship side, a Scottish Prmiership side, and probably the most well known Polish side, bit of a coup in my opinion for a little ol non league team from Norfolk.
There are 3 types of people in this world, those that can count, and those that can't

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2018, 09:23:27 PM »
Does the age really matter ?  There wasn't exactly a bumper turnout for the previous Norwich game.

At least the club are trying to do something different, were getting to see players representing a Champloinship side, a Scottish Prmiership side, and probably the most well known Polish side, bit of a coup in my opinion for a little ol non league team from Norfolk.

It will only be classed as a coup if it makes people queue to coo,not exactly set the town on fire,none of my Polish friends are interested? :dontknow:

LinnetsSoccer

« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2018, 09:41:48 PM »

It will only be classed as a coup if it makes people queue to coo,not exactly set the town on fire,none of my Polish friends are interested? :dontknow:

Presumably they were all planning to attend when it was the u23 squad?

Blue Moon

• Gloria Easthallfan
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2018, 09:51:33 PM »

At least the club are trying to do something, they can't be blamed for your Polish friends apathy.
The powers to be get slated for not trying anything to raise interest and money and then get slated when they do, can't win.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2018, 10:13:43 PM »

Presumably they were all planning to attend when it was the u23 squad?

No they weren't, they went off the club after being accused of breaking in to drink strong lager? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2018, 10:18:54 PM »

At least the club are trying to do something, they can't be blamed for your Polish friends apathy.
The powers to be get slated for not trying anything to raise interest and money and then get slated when they do, can't win.

Lets be totally honest,when it was first announced people assumed it would be including senior players, a little bit of apathy started to creep in when it was announced as under 23s,and now it is known that they are sending under 18s then interest wanes a bit more? A bit like being told that Lewis Hamilton is opening a new Mercedes garage but then transpires it is diddy David Hamilton! :dontknow:

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2018, 10:22:02 PM »
I thought it was announced as U23s straight away? The posters I saw had that on from the start?

Im with Blue Moon, it makes a nice change for pre-season. Much different to the usual friendlies we get.