Author Topic: 4 team Challenge Cup  (Read 5948 times)

Paulos

• View Profile
Re: 4 team Challenge Cup
« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2018, 10:56:16 PM »
Proof is in the pudding, end of the day there's football there to be watched if you want to & I dare say over the weekend will still bring more money in than the usual friendlies against fakenham/spalding and whoever else.

Many on here going to all the games?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 19, 2018, 11:22:59 PM »
I dare wager that our usual friendly we had with Wisbech would have brought in the same revenue,especially now they have been promoted,wonder why we have no friendly with them this season? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 07:27:28 AM »
Didn’t we tend to play Wisbech at there place, therefore no revenue would have been brought in!!

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 07:41:37 AM »
Didn’t we tend to play Wisbech at there place, therefore no revenue would have been brought in!!

I thought they took it in turns,so last year we were there so this year they could have come here? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 07:54:55 AM »
We’ve not played them for a couple of summers now.

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »
What a load of rubbish. What does the age matter? An 18 year was MOM of the world cup final, an England player was 20. If the best players at U23 has not progressed to the first team they probably wont make the grade, hence ran make it. Young players from the clubs involved will give our players a good test. You need to stop all the S**T Gris, if you would rather watch Wisbech that is up to you. I do not know wether you ever want to watch the Linnets again you are cutting your chances by only looking for the negatives all the time.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 02:31:05 PM »
What a load of rubbish. What does the age matter? An 18 year was MOM of the world cup final, an England player was 20. If the best players at U23 has not progressed to the first team they probably wont make the grade, hence ran make it. Young players from the clubs involved will give our players a good test. You need to stop all the S**T Gris, if you would rather watch Wisbech that is up to you. I do not know wether you ever want to watch the Linnets again you are cutting your chances by only looking for the negatives all the time.

My chances as you say are already gone, perhaps I should have started fighting at a game instead of disagreeing with the chairman, then I would still be allowed to go?  Seems like denting his EGO is far more serious than fighting at a game!!  :banghead;

Non League

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 02:53:45 PM »
Gris, why do you post on here? Whenever I browse it's always negativity from you, picking at the smallest things, almost schadenfreude esque.

Linnet1993

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 04:17:57 PM »
Gris, why do you post on here? Whenever I browse it's always negativity from you, picking at the smallest things, almost schadenfreude esque.

Couldnt agree more.

This thread is nothing short of an embarrassment and a bad reflection on the fans of this club

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 06:08:04 PM »

Couldnt agree more.

This thread is nothing short of an embarrassment and a bad reflection on the fans of this club

I never started the thread, I would have said it was a challenge?  :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 07:38:43 PM »
I actually went as far as looking up the word schadenfreude as I had not come across that word before,slight misuse of the word really as I have derived no pleasure from anyones downfall,as nobody has fallen down. I love the fact that many people do only see the negatives I post but never the positives,for instance when I congratulate the team on a good result or advertise the many activities that the club put on to raise funds and awareness? I just don't like the way our club is run at the moment, by a chairman who loves to bask in the limelight and surround himself with sycophants? Forever telling us how much money he has brought into the club via sponsorship etc but still making the fans pay through the nose,many other clubs at this level also have sponsorship,they also have bills to pay,but they manage to do that without having to fleece the fans,and they manage to do this most of the time with a smaller fanbase than enjoyed at King's Lynn? Being born and bred in the town I would like to see nothing more than a successful football club,and I hope I am wrong but I can't see much success coming from the present owner,he expects everyone else to pay for any failure at the club,no promotion last season so who pays for the promotion push this season,even though we have got large sponsorship deals on the table,advertising is supposed to be at a high level,actual bills at the club have not increased dramatically,so why punish the fans with price rises? :bankrupt: :dontknow:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 08:59:03 PM »
Many there tonight?

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2018, 09:02:29 PM »
About 200 so I was told.
 :dontknow:

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 10:38:13 PM »
I think with all the excitement raised by 4 team callange,maybe if we ran it again next year and invited Swaffham, Downham and Fakenham instead we would probably attract equal attendances?  :welcome:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 11:40:02 PM »
I think with all the excitement raised by 4 team callange,maybe if we ran it again next year and invited Swaffham, Downham and Fakenham instead we would probably attract equal attendances?  :welcome:
WOT NO WISBECH???    :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry: