Author Topic: New Striker  (Read 6556 times)

m a hill

• View Profile
New Striker
« on: February 04, 2016, 09:45:53 AM »
The new striker that reserves has signed sounds a likely candidate for the first team he as scored a hatful of goals, I await with baited breath

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: New Striker
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 11:06:26 AM »
Would appear as Robbie Back has signed him he is not ready for the First team yet.  Lets hope Backie can do what he did with Edge and Castellan and turn them into first team squad members.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 12:07:11 PM »
Whenever emerging strikers are mentioned it seems to me that sometimes Jack Frohawk is overlooked......I am not suggesting for a moment that he is the finished article but aside from his goal scoring abilities he has a precious commodity enjoyed by only a few - exceptional pace!

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 12:57:29 PM »
Whenever emerging strikers are mentioned it seems to me that sometimes Jack Frohawk is overlooked......I am not suggesting for a moment that he is the finished article but aside from his goal scoring abilities he has a precious commodity enjoyed by only a few - exceptional pace!

I quite agree.
Wasn't he top scorer at the club last season?
He is very quick, and doesn't let his head drop, surprised he has had no first team time.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
I agree the lad does have pace he can't be the flavour of the month

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:15 PM »
With Edge and Hilliard joining the first team squad after the start of the season It would seem young Frohawk has been pushed further down the pecking order as far as the first team is concerned.  He doesn't  appear to be as prolific for the reserves, as far as goal scoring is concerned, this season either.  I maybe be wrong on that one though... I am sure Tazzy will be put me right on that one, if I have it wrong.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2016, 01:14:51 PM »
So am I.....................He can play out wide or through the middle and one of the most impressive performances from a Lynn striker I have seen this season was in the pre season friendly with Sudbury - even allowing for the fact that it was a friendly he was mightily impressive in having several near misses and taking on and beating defenders from a wide left postion before putting in numerous dangerous crosses. In old fashioned language he had the ability to and was beating the full back and getting to the dead ball line!

All this against a team who though one league below us are currently leading that league and when the Sudbury strikers were making certain of our central defenders look as if they were walking through treacle!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2016, 01:17:42 PM »
I know Wisbech were interested in Jack pre-season.  Sometimes it does a player good to get away from familiar surroundings/people to bring their game on.  Look at the likes of Toby and Matt, even Edge went elsewhere.

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:38:15 PM »
I just want a level playing field in respect of selection!

tazzywazz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 03:21:27 PM »
During pre-season Jack had several run outs with the 1st team mainly playing on the left wing. Setch persuaded him to stay at Lynn and not go to Wisbech. Dylan was signed for the reserves by Backie but with a lot of input from Setch and it soon became obvious that he was/is an exceptional goalscorer, 35 so far this season and he would have scored many more if he had stayed with the reserves. Setch gave him his chance and he has taken it and is now a permanent member of the 1st team squad at 17. Then Toby Hilliard's USA trip fell through and once again was snapped up by Setch. Toby had already played at level 4. So Dylan and Toby got themselves ahead of Jack in the pecking order. Jack has been playing on the right wing for the reserves which obviously reduces his goal scoring opportunities, but Jack has started scoring again and was MoM on Saturday. Robbie has now signed Craig Gillies who has an exceptional goal scoring record for Chatteris this season but remember Chatteris are at level 8 at level 8, 2 levels lower than the reserves, I hope he does very well. Robbie has been trying to sign a forward since Dylan's promotion and I think Craig could suit the reserves very well. As for Matty Castellan he was signed by Setch for the 1st team squad and although he has had a couple run outs with the reserves that was only to give him  some game time. Matt has forced his way into the starting X1 with his performances in the last few games. That's what happens in football at all levels. I think Setch and Robbie are doing a great job on the recruitment side and long may it continue.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »
Correct me if Im wrong Tazz but didn't  Backie sign a Striker from Downham  once Dylan Edge stepped up into the first team squad ?

rod

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07:52 PM »
Wasn't that Karl Tansley?

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 09:09:46 AM »
Jack has been doing well again the last couple of weeks as mentioned he got Man of the Match for his second half performance, he has been doing well in a wide position and the same position he has played for the first team in pre season. Karl was signed on the back of Dylan moving up to the first team squad and Jack was also in around the squad. This only left us with Robbie Palmer who predominantly is a right back but has done very well when playing as a striker. We also have a young Kodie Turvey who is on the fringes of the squad and has done well with the youth and started two games for the reserves. Robbie Palmer has a knee operation this month which will rule him out for the rest of the season, so since Christmas I have been trying to get a new striker in place to join the squad and this week we was lucky enough to get Craig, he also had chances to join two other Thurlow Nunn clubs but choose to come to Kings Lynn. Hopefully he will settle in well and be a great addition to the great young squad we have already.
Backie x 

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 01:03:40 PM »
Thanks for the update and Insight Backie.  Makes a big difference to hear things from the Horse's mouth, so to speak.  Good Luck to the new signing and hopefully he will develop on.

Any further developments on the pre match interviews from Setch ( One in print in the Lynn News today) or indeed your post match interview/thoughts, Backie ?

I also see Buster is going a live Forum for Speedway fans up in Rugby, so hopefully he will find the time to do the next one with you and Setch at the Football Club.

Backie9

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2016, 02:05:08 PM »
Pre match interviews is something we are still looking into and will hopefully happen before the season ends.
Hopefully I will do something at our next home game, we was looking to do it last week but Paul was unable to do it in the end.
Live forum at the club will happen again soon with a player included, I can always ask Buster I am sure he would attend if he isn't busy.