Author Topic: At home to Spalding.  (Read 3556 times)

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
Re: At home to Spalding.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2018, 05:39:24 PM »
Won 2 0.
Poor attendance, around 200 I would guess.
Clunan and an og.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2018, 06:44:52 PM »
I looked agauin at 1515 and Friends of the Linnets had posted at 1502!

We normally have Online up and running 1430ish onwards and I would expect to be able to sign in before a match commences - How do I let anyone know I am there????
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2018, 06:57:13 PM »
Also depending on availability of moderators?  :dontknow:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsays Boot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2018, 02:00:21 PM »
Who was the triallist playing no. 4 yesterday? Thought he was excellent and might worry one or two of our existing squad.

m a hill

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2018, 02:15:15 PM »
Dead right the number 4 put a good shift in we need to sign this lad

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2018, 02:29:17 PM »
No4 Trialist was playing midfield and was everywhere and playing a "Clunan" style midfield General. Michael Clunan was playing off of No4 in a Ryan Jarvis role. We seemed to be playing Fryatt and McAuley as Centre-Backs and Blake-Tracey and Thomas Wing-Backs and Clunan and No4 Midfield with Parker and Gash and No8 Trialist and Richards, Stewart, Hilliard, Hawkins combo's when subbed. Various Lynn players were playing for Spalding including: Castellan, Frary, and several others that I can't remember. Tom Siddons was there but he did not really show as Spalding did not get many useful attacks going - players were not able to link up as they played loaned Lynn players.

Over-all a useful game but nothing really sparkled - No8 Trialist tried an overhead shot that showed imagination but no set-pieces as very few free kicks awarded (clean game).

Biggleswade will be a more physical and contested game and this showing vs Spalding was, at time, just a kick-about.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

mike20382

• Michael Robinson
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2018, 05:05:32 PM »
Thought McCauley looked very good at number 6 The No Salah lookalike put in a good shift side looked confident on the ball and will be interesting for the new season

Wingwizzard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 08:23:17 AM »
Macauley looked good  but for  best player on the pitch was the Spalding keeper  kept the score down to just two

with some great saves.  If we hope to progress this season we need to take these chances

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 08:32:34 AM »
I guess the lad Jordan Nelson, who we had on trial through pre-season is not being signed as he came on as a 2nd half sub for UCL Leicester Nivarda  on Saturday.

Would seem we are almost there with the squad, with one or 2 questions to be I's dotted and T's crossed.

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 07:56:48 PM »
I wonder if number four is running around shouting I am not a number I am a free man? :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
What really falls me is that people are so clever hiding behind a name and continually calling people out for their opinions! I like real people who can discuss things face to face, please make it a prerequisite that if you join the forum your actual name is visible. Cue posters leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!