Author Topic: ALL LOOKS GOOD  (Read 1736 times)

sworn 2 secrets

• View Profile
ALL LOOKS GOOD
« on: July 26, 2018, 10:05:04 PM »
Not a great fan of whats been going on at our club , but looks good for new season,hope the team does well and good luck to Clarky, will I be spending 13 squid to see the team not yet for me but hope all goes well.

birch95

• View Profile
Re: ALL LOOKS GOOD
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2018, 06:32:04 AM »
If it looks good why not spend your money?? :dontknow:

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2018, 11:57:19 AM »
Overpriced? :thanks:

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2018, 12:42:56 PM »
Pricing. For me £13 about right. Would like cheaper but cant have everything. As discussed before, a family with kids will actually be better off this season. that is a fact. And good for the longer term.
I know our prices are getting close to clubs who play at higher levels. We need to be mindful everything has a base price. If you go for the best meal in King's Lynn you pay the premium. It would then be wrong to compare that price with say a London restaurant, saying price to similar and should be cheaper.

However I do like number crunching. If team performs and we match last seasons average 780 x £13 = £10140

If 10% of folk are discouraged by prices 702 x £13 = £9126. So the price increase wouldn't of been worth it, obviously.

if price was say £10 we would need to have an average of 1014 each week. To stand still. Been a while since we had those averages. That's a 23% increase.

Team must perform on pitch and the family angle must be sold to get supporters in the ground.

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2018, 01:02:12 PM »
Does the £13 include seating or is it still plus a pound?

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2018, 01:07:05 PM »
Does the £13 include seating or is it still plus a pound?

Includes seating. :)

wack

• Steve Jackson
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2018, 01:12:42 PM »
Thanks

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 01:50:28 PM »
What people have to take into account with the price rise is other things,such as paid security instead of volunteers,a burger van now coming into the ground rather than the club doing them? And I was told that due to the Slough trouble we will have to have a police presence at the ground,more expense if it is true? So if there was to be a downturn in attendance we would be even worse off? :dontknow:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

Grissles Oleary

• John Flanagan
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 02:01:52 PM »
On the looking good side,rain would have been most welcome for the pitch today. :cheers: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
“No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?”

LUFC1992KLFC

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2018, 02:08:53 PM »
I would assume, the burger van would pay a fixed rate to be within the ground, so probably a good move commercially.
Were stewards FREE? As the club becomes more professional they probably need to have proper security. May be this would help avoid the Slough handbags.
I doubt the police will be required other than for high profile games. I been a supporter at the walks for 40+ years and seen much worse than the Slough handbags.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »
If we are top 3 all season ( as last year) the attendances will hold up whether it’s 11/12 or 13 quid. Middle table or god forbid lower we will be back to gates of 300/400. 

The big question is how to we get the figures back over 1000 or have those days gone with demise of the old club ? We need to attract a younger audience with expendable income.  That’s a tough ask.

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2018, 02:24:56 PM »
What people have to take into account with the price rise is other things,such as paid security instead of volunteers,a burger van now coming into the ground rather than the club doing them? And I was told that due to the Slough trouble we will have to have a police presence at the ground,more expense if it is true? So if there was to be a downturn in attendance we would be even worse off? :dontknow:

The burger van is being run by the same person who did it last season, don't know how it's working financially though?

Police haven't been at all the friendlies. I spoke to someone at the club during the tournament and they said Police were there on the Friday of the tournament as, for whatever reason, there was limited security available.

The security firm being used in the same who sponsored the shorts last season, so I would presume/guess some kind of deal has been done.

As for getting regular gates of over 1,000, unfortunately I think those days are gone for the moment.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 02:32:23 PM »

The burger van is being run by the same person who did it last season, don't know how it's working financially though?

Apparently not. Same family, different person.   :dontknow:
If you have achieved all your objectives, you have set your targets too low!

Paul47

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 02:35:44 PM »

Apparently not. Same family, different person.   :dontknow:

Well it was 100% the same chef cooking the burgers as last season at the games I've been too. Maybe things will be changing once the season starts?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 02:39:55 PM »
So a van and the chefs from the George going the bbq ?