Author Topic: Yaxley v King's Lynn 31 July 2018  (Read 2457 times)

Nemesis

• View Profile
Re: Yaxley v King's Lynn 31 July 2018
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »
We used to be spoilt for choice with the Gavin, Greg and Milly reporting for their respective papers. Hopefully they will continue in some form to provide an independent view
“Once you have been in the dark you learn to appreciate everything that shines”

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2018, 08:44:04 PM »
When the season starts for real I shall be popping up OnLine with my offerings from the Stands.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2018, 08:51:36 PM »
Mike I just hope this Manager plays with wide support players who can get on the end of thise over hit far post crosses, just for you. :cry:

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2018, 08:57:49 PM »
Mike I just hope this Manager plays with wide support players who can get on the end of thise over hit far post crosses, just for you. :cry:

You remembered! Yes, wasted attack if the ball sails over everybody in the box and no one there on the far side. My Pet Hate.  :banghead;  :laughcry: :laughcry: :laughcry:
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.

Johnny Appman 856

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2018, 11:28:41 PM »
Any news on line-ups or score from Yaxley? Anyone there from the media team tonight ?

Well this is embarrassing. Nobody at Basford and last night nobody at Yaxley. I thought with the new man in charge things were meant to be better this year? I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Corr you love a moan at the media bud who’s upset you?

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2018, 11:12:57 AM »
You are 100 per cent correct Mallard, give the three media guys and the tv bloke a fair crack of the whip.
The last two friendlies probably haven’t been covered because Milly has got his head stuck up an exhaust at speedway. It’s all about turning left with him at the minute - speedway, speedway, speedway!

How good of you to notice what I've been doing in my personal time.

But the town does have two sporting teams in the town and speedway is a something that i enjoy and have to cover for work purposes, And whilst we are on the subject Your Local Paper sponsored the BT Sport meeting on Monday night and we had a lovely evening at the Adrian Flux Arena, We was made to feel very welcome by Buster and his hospitality staff.

Don't see why people should rely on me for updates as all people do is produce negative comments when i do it. Now that the new people have been put in place lets see how they get on. I look forward to plenty of Saturday afternoon's off this season and saving myself money.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2018, 11:31:23 AM »
Lord, If you covered last night Stars meeting at Poole  it wont take many words to describe that performance.  :laughcry:

Does that mean you wont be covering the Linnets this season ?

I didn't see it that people always gave negative comment Lord, I think a lot of comments, both ways, were balanced.   You yourself posted on here that you were looking for comments/ideas where you and Mark could up your game for this season.

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2018, 11:49:50 AM »
You're absolutely right Mallard, Poole isn't a happy hunting ground for most teams in the league.

Lets say thats theres more to life than King's Lynn Football club for me at the moment. My YLP services wont be affected but my attendance at games will be.

jesuslinnet

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
You're absolutely right Mallard, Poole isn't a happy hunting ground for most teams in the league.

Lets say thats theres more to life than King's Lynn Football club for me at the moment. My YLP services wont be affected but my attendance at games will be.

Sadly, Lord, that is becoming the attitude of more and more people. Not feeling any attachment to the club.
The club's attitude seems to be, if you don't like it, don't come. Then expect higher attendances.

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2018, 12:11:06 PM »

The club's attitude seems to be, if you don't like it, don't come. Then expect higher attendances.

In fairness, my personal view is that's been the same since the Club was first reformed.

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2018, 12:18:49 PM »

Sadly, Lord, that is becoming the attitude if more and more people. Not feeling any attachment to the club.

I think Buster was the beginning of that attitude when he told fans if you don't like it you know where the door is.  Now  he is head of Speedway in this Country it seems fans of that Sport are doing exactly  that.   Gerald Ratner moment there.

Can we also suggest that the current owner  has the same attitude ?

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2018, 12:31:44 PM »

Poole have sure turned their season around...but to notch under 30 points with a Lambert/NKI Spearhead is pretty poor.

How do you report on a game for YLP if you don't attend the games ? confused.com...( which don't take much these days)

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2018, 12:39:02 PM »

Poole have sure turned their season around...but to notch under 30 points with a Lambert/NKI Spearhead is pretty poor.

How do you report on a game for YLP if you don't attend the games ? confused.com...( which don't take much these days)

Not going to put everything into a meeting when a track is poorly prepared like Poole's is most weeks for the risk of getting injured as Lynn found out last night.

With regards to reporting about games I'm not at, I suppose I will have to get some lessons from the experts on that one as there's plenty of them about!!

Mallard

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2018, 12:54:28 PM »
In fairness Poole are producing on the Road as well as at Wimborne.  Young Improving team.  Lynn carrying one or two passengers.

Seriously how does it work when a reporter isn't at a game ? Does he just re-write another's penmanship ? Or pick bits out of updates/twitter feeds ?

Lord Milsom

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2018, 01:03:21 PM »
In fairness Poole are producing on the Road as well as at Wimborne.  Young Improving team.  Lynn carrying one or two passengers.

Seriously how does it work when a reporter isn't at a game ? Does he just re-write another's penmanship ? Or pick bits out of updates/twitter feeds ?

Paying close attention to a twitter feed is always a good start. Most clubs run a match day service during games which is helpful.

Problem with Lynn is the good old injury curse, Seems to hit them every year!