Author Topic: KL Town Media Department report  (Read 663 times)

Blue_and_Gold

• Global Moderator
  • Supporters, not Customers!
    • View Profile
KL Town Media Department report
« on: August 03, 2018, 02:35:33 PM »

Richards looking forward to fresh start with Linnets

King's Lynn Town midfielder Jordan Richards is a man on a mission as he looks to make a positive start to his career at The Walks.
The 21-year-old wants to hit the ground running as he looks to use Lynn as a possible springboard back into the Football League.

The former Notts County graduate said: "I didn't enjoy my time at Gainsborough last season and I'm looking forward to a fresh start.
"I've really enjoyed my first few weeks here and feel that I'm just starting to find my fitness and form. It was good to get a full 90 minutes under my belt against Basford.
The group of players here have been good. They were very welcoming when I arrived and there are some really good footballers at the club.
The team looks a lot stronger team than the one I played for in the Conference North last season."

Nottingham-based Richards, who has also featured for both Boston United and Sligo, can play in a variety of roles and his versatility is likely to be key for the coming campaign.
He was a man in demand in the close season and revealed that he crossed paths with his new manager when he was leaving the Magpies last summer.

"As I was on my way out of Notts County, Simon was then coming into the club. A lot of players at County said good things about him. They remarked on how passionate he is for the game and you can see that at training and in the intensity of his sessions.

The youngster is unsure what to expect in the Southern Premier Central Division ahead of Lynn's opening home game against Biggleswade on August 11.
But he is confident the the Linnets can perform well this season after the club's signings and some gruelling pre-season training sessions.

"The Conference North is very physical but I'm expecting players to be better technically in this league," said Richards. "Lynn did well last season and with this group of players you'd expect us to do well again. Ultimately, I'd love to win promotion."

Mallard

• View Profile
Re: KL Town Media Department report
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 03:06:04 PM »
Now this is the type of coverage coming out of the media department this season, that was sadly missing last season.  Let’s see it built up over the next 7 days in readiness for the big bully off

dillydilly

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 03:57:17 PM »
Pedro says what a lot of players, pundits and commentators say in this era, talking about games, players or leagues being “very physical”.  Yet if you played back most incidents which had been described as “physicality” or “strength” you would see there wasn’t actually any contact !  Physicality isn’t accepted as being part of the game as you can see from the reaction of players who’ve just been on the end of that “physicality”.  They hate it, and know it was a foul, which 9 times out of 10 it is.

westlynnmike

• Mike Riggs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2018, 09:00:51 AM »
Seeing Cameron Norman being taken out several times at Hereford last season by cynical "physicality" was not pretty to watch. There was no attempt to get the ball - it was get the player. Many times a player is never going to get the ball and continues to go full-pelt at the player.
No Plan Survives First Contact With the Opposition - Be Ready to Change Your Plan.